Chapter 7

Tris POV:
I wake up at 2:00 in the morning. Tobias is asleep beside me. I shouldn't have napped, now I wide awaken in the middle of the night. I get up, a little sore, but the medicine helped a lot.

I walk to the kitchen and grab a water. I look around, wandering what Tobias' days are like now. Obviously there aren't factions anymore, I there is Police, and he isn't wearing any specific color.

I walk back to his room. Then it hits me. Did he meet anyone new, specifically female. The thought makes my stomach hurt, and I recognize the feeling. Jealousy. I push it aside, of course he didn't, or I wouldn't be sleeping I'm his apartment with him. Or maybe he did, but she is away. Nonsense.

I drink a little from my bottle and lay back down. Sooner or later, I fall asleep. I wake up to an alarm. I look. It's 7:00 am. "I'm not going to work today." He says, turning his alarm off. "What do you do?" I ask. "Well, I work for our new government." He says. I stare into is dark blue eyes. They shine in the morning light. Then I hear something. Woman's shoes, heels. "Who's-" I start but I puts a finger to my lips. Who could be here? Is it another girl? "Ill be right back." He says. He walks out the door. Oh god, it better not be another girl. Then again, it could be, I mean, it's been 3 years. He didn't know I was coming back. He could've found someone else. I hear muffled voices.

I get up and walk to the door. "What do you mean, she's alive!" The woman says. "She was never killed apparently" Tobias says. " So why is she HERE! I thought you broke up with her." She says. "We'll, I said I did, but-" I open the door and he stops. A few feet from Tobias is a woman. She is blonde, tall, and her muscles stand out. But she looks too old to be his girlfriend. She looks at me and my whole body seems to loosen. It's just Evelyn.

"Hi, Tris." She says, but she doesn't look happy to see me. I don't blame her, Im supposed to be dead. "We'll talk about this later, but you have been living here for 6 months, it might be time for you to..." Tobias says. Then he pushes past me into the room. At first I just stare at Evelyn. Half of me feels awful because Tobias is sort of replacing her with me. The other half feels relief that she is just Evelyn and not another woman. Tobias is 21 now, he can do what he wants, including live with who he wants.

It doesn't hit me until I'm back on Tobias' bed. Tobias wants me to move in with him. At first I feel shock, terror. Then I feel flattered. He just found out I'm alive and immediately believes me, and then wants me to move in with him. Unless he meant it temporarily, since I'm new to this new government and everything. Either way I start to feel excited.

Later that day we go to Millennium park. We meet Christina, Zeke, and the whole police force. A few minutes later large group of people come who look like they use to be Dauntless, before when there were factions. Most of them have long hair, or shaved heads, and at least 1 tattoo. They have muscles that stand out through their shirts. If this is the 'army' to attack my kidnappers, they'll have no trouble getting in.