Chapter 9

Tris POV:

It's been a few hours since I woke up. All I know, all I remember is waking up to some crazy guy kissing me, and the doctor telling me I lost my memory. I'm sure ill remember soon. But how do I know everyone around me isn't lieing, using me because I can't remember anything. That guy kissing me says he's my boyfriend, but he could be a boy that likes me and wants me to think he's my boyfriend. That girl who is my best friend might be my enemy trying to use me. I'm confused. I have a headache.

The doctor walks back in the room and says its time for me to go home and get lots of rest. The only problem is, I don't know where I live, and who to trust.

"Where do I live?" I ask the doctor. "Well you don't live anywhere, and the sooner your memory is back the better, but there's no way to speed the process." He says. "Tobias says you've been staying at his apartment since you or back from, well wherever you were." "What?" I ask. Where was I? Who's Tobias? "So how do I get my memory back?" I continue. "We'll your friends will help by showing you familiar things, and hopefully you will slowly start recognizing them." The doctor says. He walks out of the room

The doctor comes back in with a few people. One is tall, and I recognize him as the man who kissed me when I woke up. He scares me. The other guy is dark skinned, with brown hair. A girl also walks in. She has dark skin and black long hair. "Alright Tris time to go" the doctor says. "Wait, I'm Tris right?" I ask sounding stupid. The girl snorts, but covers it up with a cough. "Yes, Tris is short of Beatrice, Beatrice Prior" the doctor says.

"So who's taking me home, how do I get home?" I ask. "Tobias will bring you. Christina and Uriah said they would come help take care of you." The doctor says. "Ok, who's Tobias Christina and..." I start. "Uriah" the dark skinned boy says.

I get in a big metal thing. It has wheels, so it must be used for transportation. It starts moving, faster and faster. I sit next to the girl-Christina. As it gets faster, I grip the side of the machine. "You ok?" The driver asks. "Ya, I've just never been in a..." "Car" he says. "Ya, a car, and who are you again?" I ask. "Im Tobias, Four, your boyfriend, you don't remember?" Tobias says. "Take it easy, the doctor said it would take a little while for her to remember everyone." Uriah says.

We walk into a building, and inside is a kitchen and a bed. One bed. "Well you should get some rest, I have plans for us later." Tobias says. "Umm... Ok" I say. I sit on the bed. Uriah, Christina, and Tobias stare at me. "I know you guys are like my friends or something, but right now you feel like strangers, so could I have a little privacy." I ask trying not to sound rude. "Ya, sure, well meet up with you later" Uriah says. "Mind if I bring Zeke?" He says. "Not at all" Tobias answers. Uriah and Christina walk out. "Who's Zeke?" I ask. "Even without your memory, your still naturally curious" Tobias says. "So, who's he?" I ask. "Sorry, Zeke is Uriahs older brother, he's my age." Tobias says. "And how old are you?" I ask. "21" he answers. "How old am I?" I ask. "Your 19" 19? Cool, I think. "I'm... Tired" I say yawning in between. "Alright get your rest, do you need anything?" He asks. "No, thanks." I say. I lay down, and fall asleep.