2.

Few weeks later

Sophia

"Awe your lockscreen is cute." I say looking at my friend Nique's phone

"Thanks, that's my baby Zae." She smiled

Zae?

"He goes here?" I questioned

"Yea I'll show you him, his strength class walks through the commons when they get out."

"Oh okay."

I mean that could be anybody. Her lockscreen was a picture of her playing in the back of a boy's hair so I couldn't really tell if it was Zae, my Zae... Well not anymore.

"Oh look that's him." She pointed "The tall lightskin." 

"Isaiah Sweetwine?" I asked

"Yea, you know him?" 

"Yea, we had a class together before." I lied

"Oh, yea that's my nigga." She giggled

"How long have you guys been dating?"

"3 months, hold on I gotta take this call." She said getting up form the table and walking away

 He moved on. 

Here I wondered if I ever crossed his mind like he did mine. Or if he ever thought about what he left behind when he moved. My answer was clear now. I would expect myself to be upset or something by this but I wasn't. I was just... disappointed. We haven't even talked in months and this explained why. 

It's crazy how fast people can switch on you. Went from I love you to I don't even know you.

My thoughts were interrupted by the bell ringing indicating that lunch has started. As my friends filled the table I blurred out from all the conversation going on. I watched Nique walk up to Zae and hug him. He kissed her forehead and they proceeded to walk out the commons with his arm around her.

"Soph, bitch." My friend Jay said

"Huh?" I said tuning back in

"I said we're going to Qdoba wanna come?"

"Oh yeah let's go." I said grabbing my stuff

As we walked outside to the school parking lot I saw Nique and Zae boo'd up as Zae leaned back on the railing.

If he could easily stop giving a fuck about me so could I right?

Zae

I held Nique by her waist as she talked about her day. The sun was kinda out but it was still cold. I heard a familiar laugh. I looked up from Nique to see her  with laughing with friends. Damn. She looked good, shit she looked great.