43.

Sophia

I couldn't believe it. What was he doing here? He gestured for me to open the window. I thought about it then hesitantly cracked it open.

"You not gonna let me in?" He asked

"I don't think that's a good idea."

"You act like I'm a stranger or something."

"You are. We haven't talked or seen each other in years and you all of a sudden wanna pop up at my window expecting me to let you in. That's not how it works." I explained "What are you even doing here?"

"You've been on my mind a lot lately. I know we didn't leave off on the best of terms and it's been bothering me. I've tried calling you."

"I changed my number." I said

"Well I didn't even know you worked at the mall I was just as surprised to see you as you were to see me but when I saw you it just confirmed how I've been feeling. I still love you Sophia."

He still loves me?

"I just don't understand you Isaiah. All these years, why now?"

"I've always felt this way, but I've just been in denial about it but as soon as I saw you everything came rushing ba-..."

"I have a boyfriend." I interrupted him

I wasn't trying to be rude but it is what it is. Was this nigga expecting me to wait around hoping he would reach out to me so we could work shit out?

"Oh you do?"

"Yeah." I said "Look I know you came here trying to rekindle some shit but I already closed that chapter of my life and moved on, you should do the same."

"You ain't even gonna give it a chance?" He asked "You could be feeling the same you just refuse to think about it."

"Isaiah I'm in a relationship, I have no reason to be thinking about my old ass high school flings."

"Who is this nigga anyway?"

"You don't know him."

He scoffed and looked away from me.

"So you don't want nothing to do with me?" He asked

Damn way to make it sound fucked up. I got something serious going for me, I'm not dropping that just cause his ass wanna randomly pop back up in my life.

"What we had is done, just leave it be."

He looked up at me with a sad expression on his face. I closed my window along with the curtains leaving him on the roof. I felt bad but if me and him were supposed to be together we would be.

...

1 Week Later

February 14th

Abby