41.

Sophia

I look in the mirror as I add some mascara to my lashes

I look in the mirror as I add some mascara to my lashes. Aron was coming over for dinner to meet my parents as he wanted to. I was nervous for him and shit for myself.

My parents are strict and on top of that Jamaican. Me breaking the news that he's seven years older than me and has a daughter didn't go so well with them. Hopefully once they get to know him they'll see what I see in him.

Doorbell Rings

I take one last look in the mirror and go to answer the door. My outfit was quite casual since I was in my own home I didn't feel the need to dress up.

I answer the door to find a well dressed Aron

I answer the door to find a well dressed Aron. Gray sweater, black jeans, paired with some Chelsea boots. His dreads were freshly braided back. God he look so fine.

"Hey baby." He said stepping inside

"Hey love." I blushed

He gave me a hug and we snuck in a kiss before going to join my parents in the dining room.

"Guys this is my boyfriend Aron. Aron this is my mom and my dad."

Aron shakes my dad's hand first as they exchange "nice to meet yous." He then goes to shake my mom's hand and she just waves at him instead. She was being rude and she hasn't even gave him a chance yet. Aron kindly accepts her rejection and takes a seat next to me at the table.

"You ever had this kind of food before?" My dad asked

"Yes sir, Sophia brings me lunch sometimes while I'm at work. I tell her all the time that her mom be throwing it down."

"Well thank you." My mom said lightly smiling

"So Aron, what are your intentions with my dawta?" My dad asked exposing his thick accent

"I want nothing but the best for her. I want to see her succeed and reach her full potential. I love and care about your daughter very much, if I hurt her I would be hurting myself."