4.

Week of Valentine's Day

Sophia

"Soph, come here give me a hug

"Soph, come here give me a hug." Kobe said as I walked past him

This boy

"Nahh I'm good." I laughed walking up to him

I looked to the left of him and Robert was already staring at me. We've been teasing and messing with each other this past week. I never think much of it though.

"Wassup." He smiles at me

"Hey." 

"So you say hi to him and not to me?" Kobe asks offended

"That's cause me and Rob are like this." I say crossing my fingers and going to stand next to him

Robert precedes to wrap his arm around me and shrugs at Kobe as the class files in to the weight room by the white board. I take my usual seat on the bench press as coach writes the workout on the board. A pair of arms wraps around me. I look up behind me to see that it was Robert he winks at me and I blush and lean back on him. In the corner of my eye I see Kobe eyeing the whole thing. He looked salty as fuck.

"Alright listen up." Coach said above the talking "8 reps of each workout and do each 3 times, make sure to take rests in between. Let's get to work!" 

Robert unwraps his arms as I get up. I turn to face him and he awkwardly smiles at me.

"What?" I laugh

"I know what I did was random but I just felt like holding you." He says rubbing the back of his neck

"It's okay Rob, I don't mind." I smile

"Soph!!" Coach yells "I need to talk to you."

I walk over to coach nervously. Whenever I got close to this man I got nervous. He always looked me in my eye when he was talking to me.

"How do you feel about being Captain this year?" He asks

I was in shock. Me? Captain of the track team.

"I would love to be Captain." I smile

"Good. I've been watching you and noticed that the kids in here hold a certain respect for you. I have some other captains in mind too but I wanted to ask you first." 

"Well thank you for considering me."

"Of course." He smiles

He pats my shoulder then walks past me.

Never in a million years did I think I was gonna ever be able to be Captain of the Track team. 

After Class

Robert

As I walked out the weight room I saw Sophia walking ahead of me. I caught up to her and wrapped my arm around her.