16.

May

Sophia

"You want anything?" Robert asked me

"Hmm, get the watermelon sour patch and we can share."

"Bet."

We were at the movies on a double date with my friend Shynell and her boyfriend. He wanted to see a scary movie named Truth or Dare. I hate scary movies but at least spending time with him outside of school. Between Track and him working it's like school and meets is the only way I see him.

"Bro come with me to the bathroom, Kevon (Shynell's boyfriend) and Rob will save us seats."

I looked in the mirror and fluffed my curls out a little bit as she went to tinkle.

"Aren't you excited for Prom?" Shynell asked

"Girl yes. It's in less than a week." I smile "Robert won't let me see his suit he swears it's "too exclusive." I say mocking his voice

"Did he give you a promposal yet?" She asks walking out the stall

"No." I sigh "It doesn't matter though I'm still going with him at the end of the end of the day."

"You always told me how bad you wanted one though."

"I know but Rob doesn't see the point, when we talked about it he said "We're already together, so why does it a matter. I don't wanna force it either." I shrug

"Well as long as you're okay with that, I guess I am too." She smiles

Deep down I still wanted a promposal but what's the point of getting one if you have to force somebody to do it.

"Y'all took forever." Rob complains as I sit down

"Oh hush, lemme have some." I say reaching in between his legs for the candy

"Which one, the candy or the chocolate." He smirks

"Stop playing." I blush grabbing the candy

"Just asking questions." He shrugs

The movie starts and I snuggle up next to him as he holds me. He always smelled so good. I looked away at the most scary parts of the movie and laughed as Robert added his own commentary.

The movie ended and we walked out to the lobby as we waited for Rob's mom to come pick him up.

"You okay?" He asks me

"I'm fine."

"Don't give me that "I'm fine" shit." He says mocking me "Tell me, you look like you had something on your mind all night."

"I just, why don't you want to give me a promposal?"

"It's not that I don't want to, I just don't see the point. I feel like promposals are just done for attention."