E P I L O G U E

"Maverick get up! We're going to be late. I swear you're just like your father!" I sigh.

Maverick pops his head up from under his covers. "Really?" He smirked.

"Yes! Landon never wanted to wake up in the mornings. I see where you get it from." I give my son a pointed look.

"Alright, alright. I'm getting up." He says, slowly but surely getting out of bed.

"Take a quick shower, and hurry your butt down. I have a very important meeting today." I say, leaving his bedroom.

"Okay mom!" He shouts after me.

Lord give me strength with this teenaged boy.

Maverick is sixteen years old. Time flies, right? I can't believe it either.

I graduated college with my master's in business, and now I own my own marketing company. Being the CEO of a major marketing company isn't easy by any means, but I've learned how to manage my time and to keep my patience, especially raising a teenager.

I enjoy being my own boss, simply because I get to make my own work schedule. I never fancied the idea of working under someone all the time. Why answer to someone else, when you can work harder and answer to yourself?

In case you were wondering, I'm married now and have been for several years.

Cecilia Lucas. Has a nice ring to it, wouldn't you agree?

Noah and I grew closer after college, and eventually ended up moving in together while our careers started to take off. Noah now owns five different stores where he sells handmade knick-knacks and other household gadgets. He's made a killing and now he's the CEO of his own company.

I'm very proud at how far we've come. I never thought in a million years I would end up married to Noah Lucas while raising my son. Maverick used to call Noah dad, but ever since he has gotten older and I've told him more about his father Landon, he's started only referring to him as Noah.

It really hurt his feelings at first, but he soon learned to understand that Maverick wanted to honor his father by not calling anyone else dad, even if Noah has been a part of his life since he was born. Still, Noah hopes that one day he'll start calling him dad again.

"Noah if you're not down here in ten minutes, you're walking to school!" I shout towards the stairs.

"I'm coming mom, sheesh!" He yells on his way down.

"Babe, do you know where I placed my notebook?" I ask, looking over at Noah from the kitchen counter.

"You check your bag?" He smirks.

I glare at him, but open my bag and see it neatly placed inside. "Screw you."

"Maybe later." He winks.