Quick Coffee & Chat

The glowing colors of the sunrise entered my blinds and covered my entire room.

On instinct I reached over to see who was in bed besides me, but no one was there.

That would take some time to get used to. Slowly getting up, I did a quick observation of the room and saw no evidence that anyone was there or had tried to get in. It had actually fucking worked, I was jumping with joy on the inside.

I looked at the clock and it read 7:45 am. Yeah, I could still go downstairs and get breakfast. I really hadn't eaten much while I was with the bands but it was more out of defiance than anything. I would kill even for a cup of coffee now. Realizing that I had no extra clothes I said screw it and went downstairs to the breakfast are in my outfit from last night.

Once I arrived down there my heart froze for a second when I saw him standing there.

"Bella!" Ed cried, obviously happy to see me.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked him, as he came over towards me.

"Well I realized last night that you seemed pretty shaken up, and I felt bad for just leaving you here. I just came to make sure you're alright." He explained.

"Oh thanks. I'm fine though, just had a rough few days." I told him.

"How did a kiss help that?" He chuckled.

I couldn't exactly tell him that it was to make my kidnappers jealous so I lied and said "I've heard kissing is a good stress reliever."

He chuckled and led me to a table near the middle of the room.

"So what are your plans?" Ed asked me.

"I don't really know." I said.

"Let me get you a coffee." He told me, then got up and went into the kitchen.

God was he nice, hopefully if I was lucky he could take me home. No, I couldn't begin to ask him of that.

He was back within a second and as a conversation starter I asked "So what accent exactly am I picking up?"

"Russian." He replied.

"Wow, you don't get that everyday." I chuckled.

"I'll take that as a compliment." He replied.

"It's awesome, were you born there?" I wondered.

"Yeah, I came over with some friends of mine for work and other things." He answered.

"Nice." I said.

"So if you're okay with it I'd love to take you back to my house." Ed offered.

"I was actually planning on staying here for another night or two at least." I admitted.

"No, I totally understand. Maybe you could come for dinner though?" He suggested.

You just met him, can you trust him? I asked myself.

"Would it be okay if we went out? I don't want to sound freaked out or anything, but lately I've been given reason to not trust a lot of people and I'm not sure going over to your house would help me mentally." I said.

"No problem, I understand. I'll come and pick you up around 5:30 then." Ed said.

"Awesome." I exclaimed.

"Well I should get going off to work, but I'll see you tonight." He stated.

"I'll look forward to it, oh and thanks for the coffee." I thanked him, standing up from the table along with Ed.

"No problem, thanks for visiting." He thanked me, gave me a slight hug, and then exited the building and got into his car.

He drove off, I finished my coffee, and as I was about to go up to my room I realized that there was an ID / Driver's license on the floor, underneath where Ed had been sitting. I picked it up and looked it over. The first thing I noticed on the card was the name next to Ed's picture.

"What the fuck?" I muttered.