Chapter 3 - After Effects

Being human again made the staff of Prince Adam's castle very happy. They could be themselves once again. Though there was a problem. Two weeks after the celebration ball, Cogsworth, Mrs. Potts and Lumiere had gotten the virus it had started with a few sneezes and then there were headaches and all the other symptoms of the flu. Prince Adam and Belle had tried their best to ensure their friends that they would be alright.

'' We should get them a doctor " Adam told Belle. Upon hearing their conversation Lefou said '' I know how to medically take care of people, all you need to do is keep the fever down and keep them on sufficient medicine, feed them and the keep them hydrated. "

" Alright, well we will leave this in your hands. " Belle said giving him a confident smile and departs the room with Adam leaving Lefou with their three ill friends.

'' Do you guys need anything, water, food, medication? " He looked at the three of them they were all asleep. He went one by one checking their temperatures. It was average. Thank the lord, he thought to himself and fell asleep thinking that they'll be fine.

2 Hours Later

'' Aaarrggghhh,it hurts, my head hurts. " Lumiere screamed. Lefou woke up with a sudden shock. He rushed over to the butler's side only to realize that his fever had spiked. He took a cold damp cloth and placed it on the Frenchman's head. Cogsworth and Mrs. Potts however were fine. In fact they no longer had the flu. Lumiere's whole body started to let out steam as he screamed in pain.

'' Hold on love,we'll get u doctor " Mrs Potts said trying to calm him down.

"What's all the screaming about" Adam asked in concern, then he saw Lumiere passed out from all the heat and pain in his body. Plumette then came into the room. She hasn't seen him so sick before.

'' Mon amour, please look at me " She received a low grumble in reply. It was then that Belle came back with news from the enchantress that because Lumiere had been turned to a candelabra during the curse, his human body has been given a large portion of heat he would need to bathe in iced water.
Everyone filled his tub with ice water and removed his shirt and breechers and carefully placed him into the tub. It was hard seeing him like that. The cold water had taken out all the heat from his body but now he was shivering from the coldness. Chapeau and Adam had removed him from the tub, dried him and gave him a clean shirt and breeches to wear. He was placed on his bed with his woolen blanket pulled up to his chest and a steaming bowl of chicken soup in his hands. He smiled wearily, for tomorrow he would be back to his jolly self again.