Chapter 16 - His Story

Belle was glad that the curse had ended. That Beast was no longer a beast ,that now he would be a man and they can freely go on adventures and read books and just enjoy life.

She was glad that her new found friends were no longer animated household items, they were living, breathing human beings with so much life in them. Mrs. Potts was no longer a teapot, Chip was no longer a teacup, Cogsworth is not a clock, Lumiere isn't a candelabra, Plumette isn't a featherduster and the rest of the staff were back to being humans as well, but how? How was the curse broken ? How did it start?

Later that evening Adam took her inside and explained everything in the form of a story.

"You ready to hear it? "

"Yes "

He started telling her the story

"Once upon a time, in the hidden heart of France ,a handsome young Prince lived in a beautiful castle . Although he had everything his heart desired the Prince was selfish and unkind. He taxed the village to fill his castle with the most beautiful things and his parties with the most beautiful people.

Then one night an unexpected intruder arrived at the castle, seeking shelter from the bitter storm. As a gift, she offered the Prince a single rose . Repulsed by her haggard appearance, he turned the woman away, she warned him not to be deceived by appearances for beauty is found within.

When he dismissed her again, the woman's outward appearance melted away to reveal a beautiful enchantress.

The Prince begged for forgiveness ,but it was too late for she had seen that there was no love in his heart . As punishment, she transformed him into a hideous beast and placed a powerful spell on his castle, and all who lived there.

As days bled into years, the Prince and his servants were forgotten by the world. For the enchantress had erased all memory of them from the minds of the people they loved. But the rose she had offered was truly an enchanted rose.

If he could learn to love another, and earn their love in return by the time the last petal fell, the spell would be broken, if not ,he would be doomed to remain a beast for all time.

As the years passed, he fell into despair and lost hope. For who could ever learn to love a beast? "

Belle was mesmerized by what she had heard, the curse was a punishment for Adam's cruelty towards others . Well that answers how it started but how did it break ?

"How was it broken ? "

"You Belle, you were.....part of the reason the spell broke. You're the one who helped me regain my humanity and for that, I thank you. "

"You're welcome "

"Now that you know my whole life story, shall we go outside to meet the others ?"

"Yes "

They went back outside to spend time with the others. Belle felt that she was welcomed here and she found her adventure in the great wide somewhere and Adam was just glad he now has a new meaning to his life. His mamman would be proud.