Chapter 20 - Surprise Picnic

Lumiere decided to surprise Plumette with a picnic. It's been a while since he had taken her out on a picnic. He got a basket and filled it  the with food and pastries that they both liked,such as warm bread and jam, cheese, some cherries and an apple pie. He got a bottle of wine and rested it neatly in the basket. He got dressed ,picked up the basket and was in search of Plumette.

She wasn't in her room. He saw Mrs. Potts asked her if she knew where Plumette was.

She's with Belle, are you taking her out for a picnic

Oui

That's good, been a while since you went out like that, well do enjoy.

Thank you, hope this goes well.

He went to Belle's room. He left the basket on the ground and knocked on the door. Belle came out.

Are you looking for Plumette ?

Yes

Plumette came outside. When Lumiere told her that he had something special for her, she closed her eyes as he guided her to the rose garden. He then neatly place the picnic basket on the ground and helped her to sit down.

"You can open your eyes ma amour"

"Lumiere thank you, this is the best picnic ever. "

Plumette hugged him and when she released him, they sat down to enjoy their picnic. He pours the wine in both glasses.

"I haven't drank wine in a while "

"Me neither, I've been drinking chocolate milk for the past three months. "

"You teasing man, you're addicted to it aren't you? "

He laughed at her comment as the rain started to fall. They danced in the rain and was back inside so neither of them would become ill .