Chapter 12 - Learning Something New

Belle was packing the library when Adam walked in. It was unorganized and she had to put the books back in order. However, there was a box of books under the window sill. She opened the box. There were children's books inside.

''Since I grew older, I no longer had need for those books, they are bunch of books to help kids learn to read, but as soon I got better at reading, I just packed them in that box and never took it out again. " Adam told Belle.

'' Well, alright then, we should put them to use, though. We should help people with their reading, you know? Men, women and children alike. "

''Sounds like an excellent idea. " Adam liked how Belle was always willing to help people. So he always went on board with her ideas.

"We should have a meeting with the heads of staff to find if they know anyone with reading difficulties. "

''Alright. "

They both went to sought out their heads of staff, which includes : Mrs. Potts, Lumiere and Cogsworth.

''Well, I can think of a good few staff because you know, I am the head of the household. "

''Yes dearies, the laundry maids keep wrecking our clothing because they can't read the labels on the detergent bottles properly."

'The kitchen staff can't read the menus or recipes either and they keep frustrating Cuisinier and myself out. " Lumiere spat.

''And I know you're more than willing to help my Chip. "

''Can you tell them all to meet us in the main hall ?" Belle asked

''Oui " Lumiere replied

Later on in the day, a crowd of staff members met their King and Queen in the main hall.

"What's going on ? " Lefou asked

"We decided that some of you would need to learn how to read."

"Why ?" Paulette, Laurette and Claudette asked in unison.

"Because, it's important and I know some of you don't understand the importance of this but if you can't read then.... "

"Then you're out of here , you know staff members like Mrs. Potts and Plumette and other female staff are capable of reading cause they aren't stubborn like you three. " Adam told the triplets. Though Belle is their Queen, they are still as stubborn as when she were a villager.

"Reading makes you think too much, that's why we keep it simple. " Paulette said

"Fine, this was just a meeting but everyone else is on board right ?" They all nodded in agreement
"Great you could start in the library tomorrow, as for you three, try getting through your jobs without learning to read . You're already frustrating the Chef and Head Butler. "

"Chip, your mamma said you can start whenever you want to, though you already know how to read, you just need some brushing up, a curse can do a lot of things to one's education. "

Everyone went back to their stations.

Paulette goes to the laundry room.

"Well hello there Plumette, looks like you're busy "

"Yes, I'm getting rid of the laundry you wrecked, you should learn how to read. "

"I don't need to read "

"Yes, we'll see about that "

"Well, if no one's on my side then"

Paulette went ahead with the laundry. She puts the bleach in the coloured clothes.

"They can't tell me what to do. "

Claudette is in the kitchen

"Now I'm going leave you to make the last batch of muffins, don't dissapoint me. " Mrs. Potts gently told her. She makes the muffins but puts the wrong ingredients. Something is wrong. She leaves as it as is.

"What is this ?" Cuisinier questions her.

"Muffins " She told him as if it was the simplest thing.

"Really, doesn't look like something anyone would want to eat."

"Maybe you be should be more simple minded with your deserts. "

"Really, maybe you shouldn't be working here. "

"What's going on ? "

"Ah, Lefou, my boy, this woman thinks muffins are so hard to make, she didn't even follow the recipe. "

"Should I fetch Lumiere ? "

"Yes, please, cause she really won't want to hear what I have to say. "

After Lumiere told Claudette that her baking could possibly cause a war, she went back crying to her sisters. She thought her beauty would keep her out of trouble but Cogsworth then told them all that they just need to stop being so stubborn and get an education. Working at the castle required more than just beauty. They reluctantly joined the rest of the staff at the library.

These are the triplets : Paulette, Laurette and Claudette.