Chapter 22- Be Our Guest

Adam and Belle were having dinner quietly in the dining room. Perhaps it was a little too quiet.They were the only ones there. Then Adam started humming Be Our Guest. Belle watched him with suspicion.

"How do you know that song? You weren't there the night it was sang to me? "

"You mean the night Lumiere disobeyed my orders and fed you?"

"Well if he hadn't fed me, then I wouldn't be here"

"Good point "

"Where is everyone ?"

"I don't know "

"Cogsworth" Adam called

"Yes Sire, what's the matter?"

"Why are Belle and I the only ones here ?"

"Well, this is the hour in which royal couples such as yourselves have dinner and no working staff is allowed to bother you "

"Who made those rules"

"Your father "

"And where is he now ?"
"In his grave"

"And who is your King"

"You are"

"So why are we following his rules still?"

"Good point "

"Have you had dinner yet "

"Nope, Heads of Staff have dinner after their Masters "

"We need to fix this problem, say what, how about you have dinner with us ?"

"Okay, what about Mrs Potts, Lumiere and Plumette ?"

"Tell them to come join us"

"You sure?"

"Yes "

"Alright then, I'll go get them"

"Good man Cogsworth "

The elderly then went to fetch his fellow colleagues to have dinner with Adam and Belle.

Three minutes later the Head Staff members of Chateau De Villenueve joined their King and Queen for dinner they were all quietly eating their soup . It was still too quiet.

"So how about a song ?"

"I'll sing a song "

After Lumiere had finished singing, Adam felt a sense of relief but the quietnes made him feel more uneasy so he decided to bring some excitement to the dinner table on his own. He dropped his spoon and picked up the plate. Upon sensing his actions, Belle did the same. The both slurped down their soup like they had no care in the world for what others thought.

They put down their plates and laughed at their silly behavior. The others watched them and then did the same . They laughed with soup covering half their faces. Dinner time shouldn't be quiet and unnerving. It should be exciting, like any other time of the day.

"You know, we should do this more often "

"You mean devour our food like some wild untamed animals and laugh about it afterwards ? Sure why not? "

"It's so nice when you have something exciting to look forward to everyday. "

"True that mon amies, Tue that"

Everyone then yawned indicating their sleepiness and they all head off to bed.

"Good night everyone "

"Good night deary "

"Good night "

They bid their farewell and was off to bed. For tomorrow will bring more excitement.