Chapter 6 - A New Guardian

Maurice sat in his new room at the castle remaking the music box that was ruined. He was happy that his daughter, Belle had found someone to love. Yes, the man was a beast, like an actual beast, physically and personally. He had locked him and Belle in a cell but he did change right? He was no longer a heartless person and that would make him a better leader.

'' Hello Sir, I just wanted to check up on you and apologize again for my behavior, I should not have locked you in that cell. "

'' No need to apologize again Your Highness, you are forgiven. You could call me Maurice. You don't have to call me Sir. "

'' Thanks, and you can call me Adam, no need for the formal titles. We are a family now. "
''New start "
'' Sure, what are you making ?"
'' A music box, actually it's the one I was supposed to take to the fair. Don't know if I'd get anything for it. I used the lullaby I used to sing to Belle when she was a baby. "
'' I had a favourite lullaby as a baby too, my mamman always sang it to me, it's called Days in the sun. "Adam smiled remembering the song his mother sang to him when he was upset as a child .

" How nice, what about your father. " Adam recoiled in fear and anger upon hearing the mention of his father. The man has never been emotionally there and he was cruel to him when his mother died and when he was growing up. Maurice saw this.

'' Sorry, didn't mean to upset you, shouldn't have mentioned."

" It's alright, you didn't know. "
" Wanna see some paintings I've been working on. "

" Sure ", Adam had found peace with his past. Maurice was like a new fatherly figure in Adam's life even though he was Belle's father.

" How about we go get some desert ", Maurice said breaking the silence. " I heard there's chocolate cake. "

" You're right, let's go before we get none. " They left the art room and joined the staff along with Belle and Lefou for desert and discussed the day's whereabouts.