Chapter 17 - Room For Two

Lefou had moved into the castle as an errand boy. He felt that he was dreaming. The Prince had forgiven him. He recalled Adam and Belle telling him that what happened was not his fault and that he couldn't have controlled Gaston even if he tried. He had saved a life. Mrs. Potts life to be exact, and if weren't for him, there would've been another motherless child in the castle.

He was now heading up to his new room. More like Lumiere's room. There were two king sized beds in the room, it was a really large room for a servant but Lumiere was one of the head staff members. There were photos of him and Plumette on the dressing table and on the walls.There was also a desk with envelopes. Lefou  his on the other side. He put his cologne next to his roommate's and his photos rested on a night stand next to his bed.

Lefou jumps on the bed to get a feel of it. It was soft and comfortable. There were two pillows ,soft fitted sheets and blankets that will keep him warm. He recalled sharing a cabin with Gaston. He slept in the basement with a hard springy mattress and some busted up pillows.

"Hope you like it? it's modest but comfortable "

Lefou jumped at the sudden noise.

"Yes, it's nice and comfy "

"Well I'm glad you like it, you will be staying here. You know that right? "

"Yes I know "

"Well I'm going to give these to Adam and I'll be back, OK? " Lumiere took the envelopes and was off to the West Wing.

Lefou went to the bathroom to freshen up. The bathroom was half the size of the bedroom with a tub and shower connected to it and bath soaps that were fruit scented though they weren't his, he had to get his own soap because he couldn't have used Lumiere's no matter how sweetly scented they were. That wouldn't be very hygienic. He finished showering and changed his clothes. He then decided to take a nap. He felt like he could sleep all day long.

4 hours later

"Wake up mon ami , I brought you dinner, you missed dinner time, so I decided to bring it up for you. Are you alright? "

"Yes, I'm just tired " Lefou held the plate of food. It was mac and cheese with beef steak and some wine.

"Thanks "

He ate the food not realizing how hungry he was. Both men then went to bed later that night.

Lefou woke up in the middle of the night. He couldn't sleep, however on the next bed close to his own, Lumiere snored lightly as he slept. Lefou passed his hands over the man's face to ensure that he was asleep and stepped out of the room. He went to the tower cell where Gaston was being held prisoner .

"Hey"

"What are you doing up?"

"Couldn't sleep "

"Me neither, I need to get out of here "

"You can't, you'll get into more trouble. "

"So ?"

"Do you want to be in more trouble?"

"Like I care"

"Well I'm gone then, night Gaston"

"Goodnight Lefou "

He then tried to head back to the room before Lumiere woke up and questions him.