fourteen

an ambulance took chanyeol away and some paramedics patched up baekhyun's hands. they took cheoul away and helped hoseok.

yoongi sat by hoseok once he came back to consciousness. "what happened?" he asked.

hoseok's eyes flashed a wave of guilt as he looked at the ground. "it's just... he wanted me back, and so he threatened to hurt you. i couldn't let that happen, so we agreed that if i went with him, he wouldn't hurt you."

"hoseok.. you did realize i'd still be just as hurt without you? maybe even more?" "well, how selfish is it to let your boyfriend get hurt so you can be okay?"

yoongi stopped. hoseok had a point, but he still wished hoseok didn't do that to himself.

they glanced over at baekhyun at the same time, seeing him sitting alone on the sidewalk with his legs crossed and his head facing the ground. each tear drop fell down to the concrete below him.

suddenly, hyungwon walked outside, with the rest of the dancers following. hyungwon sat by baekhyun.

"i heard what happened." he said to the older.

baekhyun just nodded. "are you okay?" hyungwon continued. baekhyun shook his head.

that was when yoongi approached the two. he patted baekhyun's back. "why did he protect me? i'm supposed to keep him safe." "well, in a relationship, you're supposed to protect each other." yoongi said.

"so why didn't i protect him?"

"i can't answer that." yoongi replied.

baekhyun sighed. "they told me i couldn't visit him until he was stable. what if he's never stable? i'll never see him." he said with absolutely no emotion.

yoongi felt bad. baekhyun was normally a happy, confident, talkative person. he was the opposite, now.

"well, hoseok's going to pass out again if i don't bring him back to bed. i hope you- no, i know you can get through this." yoongi smiled at him.

he said bye to baekhyun and hyungwon as he took hoseok back inside. they went to the apartment and quickly fell asleep.

meanwhile, baekhyun headed to the hospital and waited in his car in the parking lot. he watched it start to rain.

-

yoongi's eyes fluttered open as he looked at his phone and saw a notification. it was from chanyeol.

he immediately jumped up. he read the text.

chanyeol: hey yoongi. so news about me is i'll be okay. i'm being discharged in three days. only problem is that it'll just be hard to walk and i'll need crutches for a week or two. news about cheoul is that he's going to prison for a few years for attempted murder. news about baekhyun is that he slept in his car and in the middle of the night went into the hospital to check if he could visit me, and when he was told not yet, he said he felt like a burden so he went back outside to find he locked his keys in his car. he slept on the sidewalk in the pouring rain and now has a cold.

yoongi breathed a sigh of relief at the news of chanyeol being okay and that shithead named cheoul going to prison. but he felt pity when he heard about baekhyun.

yoongi woke the sleeping hoseok next to him.

"oh, good morning."

"get ready, we're going to the hospital."

i tried to write but i'm tired oops mianhae