eighteen

and so, yoongi and chanyeol waited. they let baekhyun get some days to himself.

-

maybe the few days were good but they certainly didn't feel good to baekhyun. he just s wanted to take chanyeol into his arms again, but that couldn't happen anymore.

baekhyun was sitting at the bar again.

nothing better for a broken heart than a little bit of alcohol, at least that's what he thought.

chanyeol, being the now owner of the club, always liked walking around the place, watching shows and sipping a couple of drinks. he walked outside of the office and baekhyun's turned back caught his eyes instantly.

he felt his heart shatter when he realized baekhyun was drinking again- probably more than usual, now.

he wanted to talk to him, but it'd been only two days. chanyeol figured baekhyun deserved more alone time. if only he knew and understood that it was making the older even worse.

"he froze out in the cold after the break up."

the voice scared the life out of chanyeol. he jumped and gasped loudly as he turned to face the speaker.

it was hyungwon. he stood, sipping his coffee as if what he said meant nothing. chanyeol took a moment to interpret what the man just said.

"what do you mean?" "well, he left the place- didn't he?" chanyeol nodded. "it was snowing that day, and he didn't know what to do so he sat in the cold under a tree. that's what he told me." hyungwon took another sip of his drink. chanyeol blinked.

hyungwon looked up and saw chanyeol staring at him with concern and confusion. "what?" he muttered, avoiding the older's glance.

"did he really?" "mhm. hoseok found him."

chanyeol slowly turned his head back to face baekhyun again. "i really fucked up, didn't i." hyungwon secretly nodded behind chanyeol and looked down at his coffee.

"were you planning on talking to him?" chanyeol was getting annoyed. hyungwon was a good guy, he just talked a lot. the older sighed and turned around again. "i wanted to give him a couple of days to find himself before i did. i think he deserves some freedom."

"well, it obviously isn't helping him." hyungwon pointed at baekhyun, who'd just taken a shot of vodka.

chanyeol was starting to get really frustrated. i don't need your opinions on how my ex is, hyungwon. shut up please and thank you. he thought. "you okay?"

"i've gotta head back to the office."

chanyeol stormed off angrily. when he sat down, he let his head drop down onto the wooden desk. he hit it against the desk over and over, knocking some papers and books around before he stopped.

he stopped because yoongi and hoseok walked in.

"hey chan. how've these days been?" yoongi asked politely. "fucking terrible. i keep messing up."

the couple nodded. they both knew as soon as they walked in that he was angry. "you seem annoyed. did something frustrate you?"

"someone frustrated me. goddamn chae hyungwon." yoongi and hoseok tilted their heads backwards in easy realization. "don't let him get to you. i know he's nosy and he talks a lot, but he was surrounded by people like that when he grew up. cut him some slack." yoongi said.

i'm trying to give the side characters some of their own spotlight in the story while also trying to keep it at least a little focused on the main characters. is that working okay?