What Did We Do

Alice's POV:

I stared down at the test in my hand and couldn't believe what I was seeing. Two lines were slowly coming down simultaneously. I wanted to scream louder than ever. Crap Alice what did you get yourself into now. I mentally slapped myself over and over.

But my thoughts were interrupted by Betty knocking on my bathroom door. "Mom are you okay? You have been in there for a really long time"

"Uh, yeah Betty I am fine, just not feeling well." I said trying to stop the conversation not wanting to be bombarded with questions.

"I'm not feeling to well myself mom, it's so weird going to school now. Everyone looks at me different, as if I'm like him mom."

I could hear the sadness in her voice. It killed me to hear it, we have all been through so much the past month, with Hal being the blackhood, Jughead getting hurt, and Chic being an imposter. It seemed like life couldn't give us a break.

I zoned out again staring at the test, my thoughts once again being interrupted by Betty asking "Mom, you okay?"

I quickly shoved the cap on the end of the test and shoved it in my bra. I didn't want any evidence of my test in the bathroom so she could see.

Now was not the time to tell her about this. I opened the door and walked past her and down the stairs.

"Betty, I am fine. I just feel a little overwhelmed thats all, now go, you are going to be late for school!"

"I know how you feel mom, it will be okay." She said before leaving the house.  "Unfortunately you don't Betty." I said thinking out loud.

"Huh?" she said opening the door again.

"Oh nothing, I just said it will be fine at school, okay now, you are going to be very late. Bye Elizebeth"

She nodded her head and walked out the door once again. I watched her from the window, Jug was picking her up everyday to make sure she was okay.

I didn't approve of Betty ridding on the back of his bike with him but there was no way I could say no.

My skin felt warmer as I saw her ride away with him, it brought back so many memories. I used to do it with FP all the time. Crap FP... how am I going to tell him.

I went about my day doing everything in my power not to think about it. I hid the pregnancy test box in my bedside drawer and shoved some old books on top of it.

If there was anything Betty Cooper was good at it was snooping around. She was constantly looking through my drawers the past couple weeks. I kept the test in my bra and was going to throw it out at the dump behind Pops the next time I went.

Which was likely today as I didn't feel like cooking anything. I went back downstairs and was stoped in my tracks by knocking at my front door. I checked through the peephole to see who it was, and almost passed out.

What could he possibly want. I opened the door slowly "Yes." I said in a snarky tone. He was not the man I wanted to see right now.

"Enough with the act Alice, why didn't you pick up your phone?" FP said in an equally snarky tone. I reached for my phone, which was stuck in my back pocket.

I tugged at it until it fell on the floor, I leaned over to get it and the test slipped right out of my cleavage and onto the floor.

FP bent down to get it, I quickly grabbed the test and my phone. I quickly shoved it right back in my bra.

I went to shut the door not wanting to see him, especially now, but he put his foot against the door. I tried to push it closed, but his foot wouldn't budge.