Chapter 4

My relationship with Ellen started to improve. We work together professionally even though I know Ellen has feelings for me.

"Raul, may I meet your family?"

I was very surprised by the question Ellen gave me. I do not think I could imagine if she met my wife and my children

"Mmm ... it looks like ..."

"It's okay if you do not let me know"

Ellen and I fell silent during the trip. I do not want Anne to misunderstand me because I love her so much.

After I drove Ellen, suddenly there was a call from Anne and I picked her up

"What'd you call me?"

"Leon ..."

"What's wrong with Leon ?!"

"Leon had an accident"

"What ?! How can that be ?!"

"I can not explain it on the phone, I want you to get to the hospital immediately"

"Okay! Send me the hospital address so I can get there"

After getting the hospital address, I immediately left without telling Ellen.

****

After arriving at the hospital, I immediately visited Leon. Suddenly I saw Anne running towards me crying.

"We have to get the money to pay for Leon's surgery sooner, and if it's not in surgery Leon's life can not be saved!"

"You're calm, I'll get the money soon!"

Finally I immediately called Ellen to ask for her help and she wanted to give me the money to pay for Leon's operating expenses.

Ellen told me to pick her up at the office. Then she told me to drive her to the bank to get the money.

"Hurry to the hospital, do not bother me, I can go home in a taxi"

"Thank you, Miss Smith, then I'll excuse you"

Finally I immediately went to the hospital. Upon arrival at the hospital, I went directly to the administration to pay Leon's operating expenses.

"At last you came in! I was so panicky about Leon"

"I paid Leon's operating expenses and he will be in surgery soon"

"Where did you get that kind of money?"

"I asked for help to my boss and she wanted to give me her money to finance Leon's operation"

"Your boss is very noble, we've been too much trouble, I'd like to meet her and thank her for helping our family"

"One day you can meet her"

"Really? I can not wait to see her"

I saw happiness in Anne's eyes. If she knew Ellen's feelings for me, she would be very disappointed.

***

After several hours of waiting the doctor finally came out of the operating room.

"We are very grateful to save your child.This is all thanks to your prayers so we can save him"

"Thank you for saving Leon"

It was not long before we were allowed to check on Leon's situation. I am so grateful that my struggle was not in vain to ask Ellen for help.

***

After visiting Leon, I went back to the office to tell Ellen about Leon's situation and thanked her for the help she provided.

"Raul, why did you go back to the office?"

"Leon's operation runs smoothly. Thank you for your help. Really sorry if all this time I always bother you"

"I never feel bothered by you, I'm so happy to help you. You do not hesitate to ask for my help"

"What should I do to repay your kindness?"

Suddenly Ellen approached me until our bodies were close together.

"I want to kiss you for the last time"

I finally gave up and let Ellen kiss me