Chapter 14

Ellen POV

Today I invited Raul to check my pregnancy to the doctor. I accidentally met the obstetrician who once examined me.

"Mrs. Smith, it's been a long time!"

"Doctor Franklin, how are you?"

"I am good, James?"

Upon hearing the name James mentioned, I became sad and Raul tried to answer Doctor Franklin's question.

"Sorry doctor, husband of Mrs. Smith has long died"

"I'm sorry for the death of James. Looks like I have something to say to you"

"What do you want to say?"

"Actually James told me not to tell you if he is infertile so he tells me to lie so that he is not ashamed in front of his parents. he is very ashamed not to give a grandchild to his parents"

I was shocked to hear the truth if James had been barren. I understand very well that the burden on James is so heavy that he is forced to lie.

"Sorry doctor, we excuse first"

Finally I checked my pregnancy and I'm very grateful that the fetus in my blood is healthy.

After checking out my pregnancy, Raul invited me to shop for my needs. He bought me maternity clothes and milk for pregnant women.

I am happy with his abundant attention. I love him more.

"Thank you for your attention to me"

"Yes dear. I want the best for you and our child"

"What about your business?"

"So far it's growing quite rapidly, I have so many customers that I currently need a lot of employees"

"Tomorrow I send my subordinates to find employees for you"

"Thank you for your help, I've been too much trouble for you"

"Of course not, honey! I do not feel bothered! I'm so grateful to have you by my side"

Raul kissed my forehead affectionately. I feel very happy when I'm with him. Suddenly Raul's phone rang and he immediately picked up the phone.

I saw the panic in his face and he immediately avoided me while answering the phone. Not long after he came to me.

"Sorry dear, I have to leave soon"

"Where do you want to go?"

"I have things to do"

"Okay then, be careful on the road. Do not forget to let me know"

After he left, I went back alone. I hope someday we can be a whole family.

****

Raul POV

I was very panicked when I got Anne's news at the hospital. I was worried about her condition even more so she was pregnant.

Upon arriving at the hospital, Leon approached me and gave me very bad news.

"Dad ... mother fell off the stairs"

"How's your mother doing now?"

"doctors tell if the mother miscarried"

I was very surprised to hear Anne miscarried. It felt like my heart was crushed and I felt like I was failing to protect my own wife.

"Leon, do not tell your mother and the others about this."

"Yes dad, I will not tell mom"

I walked into the park and started lighting a cigarette. Somehow I feel this is all the karma I have to accept because of my own deeds.

I feel incompetent to be a husband. Suddenly my phone rang and I saw Ellen's name on my phone screen.

I let my phone keep ringing without picking up her phone because now I want to calm down without receiving any phone calls from anyone.

***

Ellen POV

I called Raul but was not answered. I started to panic about it. I prayed he was all right.

It was not long before someone knocked on the door and I opened the door. I saw someone who had long since disappeared from my life and now he appears in my life