Chapter 49

Roger POV

I feel very guilty about Tristan and Anne because I betray their belief by making an unforgivable mistake.

"I think we made a fatal mistake"

"I also think that way. I feel guilty about Tristan for making him disappointed"

"I will try to persuade Tristan to forgive our mistakes"

I decided to go back home.

***

When I got home, I did not find Tristan.

"Teressa, did you see Tristan?"

"Looks like he just left"

"Do you know where he is going?"

"He did not mention where he went"

I tried to contact Tristan but the phone was off. Not several of Anne's cars sounded. I went straight to her.

"Anne, where are you from?"

"I'm from the tavern. Why are you looking panicky? Is there a problem?"

"I tried to contact Tristan but the phone is off"

"Maybe he's going out with his friend, you do not have to worry, he'll come home"

Maybe Anne's words are true. I should not worry too much. I can not imagine if Anne knew the truth about my relationship with Paula. She would hate me and liken me like Raul.

***

Leon POV

It's been too long since I met my father. I really miss him. When I was in the shopping center, I accidentally met my father.

"Daddy!"

"Leon!"

Dad came up to me and hugged me tightly.

"Dad really miss you! How are you?"

"I'm fine, how are you?"

"Dad is very good"

Suddenly Ellen came over to us and she seemed happy to see me.

"Leon, we have not seen you in a while, how are you?"

"I'm very good"

"Why do not we have lunch together?"

"OK"

They took me to lunch at a very fancy restaurant.

"How are you doing now?"

"So far so well"

"Do you have a future wife?"

"I did not get a chance for a wife because I was too busy with my job"

"Too bad, when your age is enough to get married"

"Ellen, you do not force Leon to marry. He is not a child who can be forced to do what we want"

"I understand, Raul, I just regret if he did not get married then nobody took care of him when he was old"

" Thank you for your attention"

"What if I find a wife for you?"

"No, I do not want to bother anyone"

"I do not feel bothered. However you are my son and I want the best for you"

"But I do not like anyone to manage my life! so I'll excuse, thank you for the lunch!"

I left them because I could not bear the attitude of Ellen who likes to organize my life. Until whenever I will not get married because I do not want to be like a father who likes to hurt women's feelings.

***

Raul POV

I was very surprised when Leon left us. He looks so emotional and I can tolerate if Leon does not like being arranged by anyone.

"I seem to have hurt Leon's feelings"

"Do not think about it, Leon is a stubborn person and he does not like his life arranged by others"

"Actually I mean well by finding a future wife for him."

"I know what you mean well, I'm sorry for Leon's attitude, I know he really is not like that"

I tried to explain to Ellen and she understood with my explanation.