Chapter 32

Anne POV

Flash back

It's been more than 10 years since I married Raul. We got married because I was pregnant out of wedlock when I was 16 years old. Raul lucky to be responsible and married me.

At that time I was very confused and did not know what to do. Thank God my mother tried to guide me and teach me how to be a wife and mother.

Day after day I lived until I gave birth to my first child, Leon. Two years later I gave birth to Jack.

Until finally I have 4 children from Raul. Our marriage used to be very beautiful and happy. I think I want to go back to that time.

****

Today I went to the store to keep an eye on my work. I tried to distract myself at the store so I would not remember my problem with Raul.

It was not long before I saw Roger coming with a bouquet of flowers. He looks handsome with the shirts he wears.

"Hi Anne!"

"Roger, I did not expect you to come here"

"I'm here to take you out for lunch with me and I bring you a bouquet of flowers"

Roger handed me flowers and I was very happy to receive them.

"Can you have lunch with me?"

"Of course it can be! Wait a minute, I tell my workers to keep the shop while I'm gone"

"Okay, I'll wait in the car"

When I finished telling my worker, I went straight away with Roger. In the middle of the journey, we talked and I felt comfortable with him.

Not long after we arrived at a seafood restaurant which is very famous for its delicious food.

"I really like to have lunch here, the food is so delicious, you'll like it"

"I can not wait to taste his cooking"

After selecting the food menu, we continued the chat. It felt so good with Roger.

****

After lunch, Roger drove me back to the Tavern. I'm so happy to spend time with him

"Thank you for taking me for lunch"

"I'm happy if next time we can have lunch together"

"I'm also happy to have lunch with you"

"Then I'll go back to the office and see you later Anne"

"Bye Roger"

Roger is so kind to me. I think he'll be a good friend like Maggie.

***

Ellen POV

I can not stand being ignored by Raul. Finally I decided to go to his house. When arriving there, seen Raul was on the porch of the house. He was reading a newspaper.

"Raul!"

Instantly Raul put the newspaper on the table and he was surprised to see me coming to his house

"Why did you come here ?! I told you not to come here! What if Anne sees you?"

"I do not care if she knows I'm here! I'm frustrated because you can not call me!"

"I'm sorry, Ellen, we'd better go to your apartment"

Finally we went to my apartment. Raul looks a lot of trouble and I feel guilty has made him suffer.

"I'm sorry, Raul, I should not have interrupted your life"

"Never mind Ellen, it's too late for us to end this problem even more so now you're pregnant with me. I do not want anything to happen to you and our child"

"James and I are taking care of the divorce papers"

Raul looked surprised by my words. Suddenly he pulled my car to the side of the road.

"How can you get divorced?"

"I do not love James and he knows that."

"What's your next plan after the divorce?"

"I want to focus on my pregnancy, I want when I give birth, you are beside me"

Raul hugged me tightly and I felt the comfort of being at his side