Chapter 6

We finished our food and we headed out.

“Where are we going now?” I asked.

“Follow us and find out!” Cher said grabbing my hand.

We started walking outside, all three of us and two bodyguards. The paparazzi went crazy when they saw me holding Cher’s hand and being stood between Kathy and Cher. They were asking who I was and why I was with Cher. Cher didn’t answer any of the questions. She just carried on walking till we got to our next stop which was a night club. I thought to myself ‘how the fuck am I going to get in cause I'm underage’ then I remembered who I was with.

Me, Cher, Kathy and the two bodyguards all walked into the nightclub and went up to the VIP lounge so we didn’t get disturbed. Our first drinks were Dr Pepper for me and Cher and lemonade for Kathy. The music was playing then suddenly Believe came on. Both me and Kathy looked at Cher who was smiling. She then started singing along to the music.

“No matter how hard I try, you keep pushing me aside and I can't break through There’s no talking to you.”

I joined in very quietly so Cher couldn’t hear me “So sad that you're leaving Takes time to believe it but after all is said and done you’re going to be the lonely one, Ohh Oh”

Cher then pulled me up to the dance floor and started dancing and singing with me “Do you believe in life after love I can feel something inside me say I really don't think you're strong enough, Now Do you believe in life after love I can feel something inside me say I really don't think you're strong enough, Now”

I stopped singing while Cher continued but we continued dancing. “What am I supposed to do Sit around and wait for you And I can't do that there’s no turning back.”

I started singing quietly again “I need time to move on I need love to feel strong 'Cause I've had time to think it through and maybe I'm too good for you Ohh.

Do you believe in life after love I can feel something inside me say I really don't think you're strong enough, Now Do you believe in life after love I can feel something inside me say I really don't think you're strong enough, now!”

I let Cher belt out the bridge on her own but she changed the lyrics and she sang them to me. “But I know that you'll get through this ‘Cause I know that you are strong you don't need her anymore Oh you don't need her anymore you don't need her anymore No you don't need her anymore!” I knew exactly what she was singing about so I hugged her and she kissed my head. Then we continued dancing until the song finished. We then sat down.

“You two are crazy!” Kathy said.

“Look who’s talking you crazy bitch!” Cher threw her hair back.

Cher then whispered something to one of the bodyguards then he disappeared. About a minute later he came back. I thought to myself ‘where did he go?’ I just forgot about it.

Then over the PA system the DJ spoke “Well we have a request here from an anonymous person but they did say it was from someone's mom. They would like to dedicate it to their amazing future daughter. Awww isn’t that sweet! So here is the next song…I got you babe by the amazing and fantastic duo called sonny and Cher!” I looked at Cher. She smiled and winked at me. The song started and she pulled me back up onto the dance floor. She twirled me around the dance floor a little as well as singing along to the song. I hugged her briefly. She was an amazing dancer and she guided me around the dance floor.

Once the song finished I hugged her again. “Thank you! You are truly an awesome mom!”

“No problem babe! I can’t wait till I fill out the papers and officially sort it out!”

“Neither can I!!! I’m just popping to the toilet.”

“Alright babe, hurry back!”

Little did Cher know I actually went and made my own request.

When I came back up I was smiling. Cher got suspicious.

“What have you been doing?”

“Nothing!” Cher knew I was lying but she didn’t ask anymore.

Once the song that was playing finished the DJ came back on the PA “We have another request but this time we have a name! This request comes from Emily to her amazing and wonderful mother. So the next song is from one half of the sonny and Cher duo, the amazingly talented and Sexy Cher! Are you guys seeing a link? I think we have some big Cher fans in here! So here is our next song…Take me home.

“Actually they don’t quite have big Cher fans they just have Cher, her amazing soon to be daughter and Cher’s crazy ass friend!” Cher said laughing then she hugged me and nudged Kathy.

“I’m not crazy!” Kathy said in her bad Cher impression.

“Shut up Kathleen! You keep proving you’re crazy every time you talk!” Cher said laughing.

“Shut up!” Kathy said sticking her tongue out at Cher. “I'm going to put in my own request for a song as you two both have!” she then walked down to the DJ booth and requested a song. The song finished just as Kathy came back up. “I'm done!”

Then the DJ announced the next song. “Well we have another request from the same group as the last two requests. Her message is ‘here is to my silly friend and her new daughter and all I have to say is FOLLOW THIS YOU BITCHES!’” Cher laughed “So here is a song from my favorite comedienne who is absolutely hilarious, I’ll say it by Kathy Griffin!” Both me and Cher laughed. We all started to sing along like we were drunk.

Once the song finished we ordered some more drinks. This time Cher ordered herself and Kathy some vodka and cokes and me another Dr Pepper.

“I thought neither of you drank?” I said.

“We only drink on special occasions!” Cher said sipping her drink.

“Oh ok.” I smiled.