Chapter 17: The Cloaked Man On Tenrou Island

Your POV

I had heard about the S-Class trial coming up, and decided to take part in it, only to find out Master chose who got to participate. I had just completed another solo S-Class quest, considering he let me go on them, but refused to just make me S-Class, which was really getting on my nerves. I return just in time for him to announce the next members. He begins saying names, although, when he seems finished, I still hadn't heard mine.

You: "Hey Makarov? Did you miss me?" He shakes his head.

Makarov: "No, you will not be participating." Huh? He begins saying all the rules, and how you need a partner that isn't S-Class already. "Your partner also is not allowed to be M/n." Wha?

You: "Now hold up right there. You won't put me in the trial, but then you say I'm too strong to be someone's partner? Are you alright up there?" I say pointing to my head.

Makarov: "Yes, I am perfectly fine."

You: "Ok, then either make me S-Class, or put me in the trial."

Makarov: "No." I feel myself getting pissed now.

You: "The hell are you trying to do old man? I suggest you do as I say."

Lucy POV

Everybody begins stepping back from him as a white flaming aura surrounds him and his power begins to swell.

You: "You're saying Levy is put in this contest, but I am not. Do you know how disrespectful that is to me?" Master growls as the two stare each other down.

Makarov: "I suggest you calm yourself right now M/n." He says seriously.

You: "I'm fine with people making fun of me, I don't care about jokes, but, if you disrespect my power and skill as a fighter... I tend to get pretty angry."

Makarov: "You aren't in the trial, and nothing you do will change that."

You: "I was trained by The Dragon God Etherion, disrespecting my power, is disrespecting his. I am not only the strongest one in the guild, I am the strongest being in Fiore."

Makarov: "Really, you believe you're stronger than, Mira, Erza, myself, and even Gildarts?" M/N nods, still dead serious.

You: "I'll take all four of you on at once, you, Mira, and Erza don't stand a chance, the only true challenge would be Gildarts."

Makarov: "You're more naïve than I thought. You've been alive for over 400 years, know your limits." M/n walks up to him, standing right in front of the stage master was on.

You: "Fine, but don't expect help from me on anything else. You are all on your own now." He turns around and walks out, throwing a quest on the bar top on his way. "You will regret your decision to disobey me."

Lucy: "What's wrong with him?"

Erza: "Master, was it wise to not listen to M/n like that? He is well strong enough to be an S-Class wizard."

Makarov: "It's not his power I'm worried about, it's his mental state. It's been slipping as of late, he's frightened by something, and until he learns to trust us with his feelings, he will not be S-Class."

Your POV

This is idiotic, that old bastard should know better than to defy me. I was on my way back to the guild, I had finished my quest in record time, when I feel multiple extremely large powers in a single area. There were a dozen or so of Erza's level... And...

You: "Erza...?" I summon my wings and take off towards Tenrou Island I think Mavis called it. An hour later I see it come into view, as I close in though, I see Wendy, Carla, and Lily all on the ground, with a man standing in front of them. I pick up Lily and run in front of Wendy and Carla, shielding them from the blast.