CHAPTER 20: the dare and dare game

As the empty champagne bottle spinned on the living room floor, my heart raced and my throat constricted. I rubbed my sweaty palms and allowed the positive thoughts to surround myself, which was....impossible. I had no idea what he would make do. And guess what? The bottle stopped spinning with its mouth pointing towards me. So it was my turn first.

Yay life.

"Yes Lia! Dare or dare?" Zayn asked as if the words have completely different meaning. But not to be sounded as a coward, I copied his tone.

"I guess I will take dare."

"You are going to go outof the house, and kiss the first girl you see."

What?

Did he just mix up with the gender?

I am sure he knows that I am straight. And I am sure he knows a straight girl kisses a boy and straight guy kisses a girl.

"Umm- - Zayn, haha! I guess it should be 'kiss a boy' right?" I asked, sweatbeads already forming on my head.

What is he is serious?

"Nope" he popped the 'p' and continued, "you need to kiss a girl. What is the big deal Lia? It is so easy. Just go out and kiss a girl. It need not be a french kiss but yeah if you wish, you are totally free to have a french kiss. But, with a guurrlll." He rolled his eyes as sarcasm reflected in his voice and I knew I could do nothing but just narrow my eyes at him.

"Asshole" I muttered under my breath before finally stomping out of the house to kiss a girl with Zayn following me with his wicked smirk.

There was no way I could give in. I had to prove I am no more the boring, nerd of high school. I am so much more now. And I can do this dare.

As I moved outside the house, there was no sign of a girl walking past the house. There were only a few cars passing by maybe because everyone had gone off to work or school, unlike us playing a game while we bunked college, literally the second day of college.

It was nearly five minutes and there was no sign of any girl passing by.

"Well, I think that is enough. We should not waste our time." I heaved a sigh of relief and turned to go but then Zayn would not give in so easily. He held my shoulders and turned me towards the garden where a lady was watering the plants. It must be Tyler's gardener.

"Go for it Lia. I know you can do it." He whispered in my ears.

"Are you serious? She is an old lady. I cant kiss her." I protested

"You got scared in this much. You were the one to suggest the game. Not my fAult." He pushed me towards the garden with a thumbs up and I knew I had to do it.

Oh god! Help me!

I hope she wont report me to police

Would she kiss me back?

Hell no. She wont. She cant kiss me back.

I will keep it really short. Like just a second.

Go for it!

I waled towards the lady and decided ti greet her first,
"Hey."

The lady looked at me as if I am a rotten plant and she would throw me out. Rude.

"Who are you? Never seen you before." She literally deadpanned at me.

"oh I am Tyler's friend. And you?"