Chapter 23: The cotton candy

Tyler looked at me the entire time I was ordering food and had a goofy smile plastered to his face. As much as he had said that it was gonna be a friendly dinner, it seemed quite the opposite.

" okay tyler, can stop staring now" I said with an awkward smile

He quickly looked away and laughed nervously,
"No its just that.... you look beautiful today."

I smiled but said nothing. I didn't want to start dating after 2 weeks of heartbreak but when Tyler asked for the millionth time in a week, i had to say yes. Though we had both agreed it would be a friendly dinner where we would chat and gossip in a coffee shop, Tyler brought me out to one of the most expensive and romantic restaurants of the town. I wasnt even dressed for a place like this and he still kept admiring me, passing compliments.

Such a sweetheart.
But,
Too soon Lia. Too soon.

"I know I might have pushed it over a bit by bringing you here and dressing up like your prom date."

Thank god he realized.

"But I just wanted to make you feel good, make you feel loved. I haven't seen you smile since so long, feels like an eternity." He continued

Aww cutie

"I dont want you to have the impression that I am asking you out. I am just trying to make you feel special as a friend because you are a great great girl and you deserve every ounce of happiness.."

I just couldnt stop awwing on how cute this guy is. I had a little crush on him initially but it just went away after seeing Zayn. Life would have been so much easier if I hadnt met him again.

"Just please say something. If this is too much I swear I can drop you off now. Just dont make me shit my pants in fear hahah." He laughed nervously.

I wanted to say all the things going on my mind about this winderful guy. I wanted to say how sweet he was for not calling me a depressed maniac. How understanding he was for bringing me out to dinner just with the intention of cheering me up. How cute and good-looking he is that even I might have fallen for him if my heart was under my control. But all I ended up saying was,
"Oh no no no! I am fine trust me!" With an awkward, fake smile.

Bitch Lia!

The dinner was ravishing and It felt like I had eaten a proper meal after yearrss. At the end of our not-so-friendly date, Tyler offered to drop me home. But I didnt want to go, I dont know why but I wanted to spend more time with him. This guy has been working his ass off since the past 2 weeks to see a hint of smile on my face and I just couldnt leave by having a very awkward dinner in silence. Tyler deserved more.
"Hey Tyler! Do you know that ice cream parlor around the corner? The one that has the best cotton candy flavor." I tried to sound chirpy as we walked out of the restaurant.
"Yeahh.. I know." Tyler raised his eyebrows in confusion.

"Maybe we could go down there and have a perfectly-friendly ice cream date? and its too early to go home anyways."

Tyler's lips curved into the perfect smile and his eyes sparkled like he had won the biggest challenge of his life. This guy is just so cute.

*****

As we reached the ice cream parlor, I saw a very familiar black car parked outside, with black windows and a vividly visible dent on side. My feet froze as I realized whose car it was.

"He still has that effect on you? If you want i could take you to some other ice cream parlor." Tyler offered seeing sweat beeds form on my forehead and shaking hands