CHAPTER 17: The party

Butterflies erupted in my stomach and my head spinned at his sight. The most perfectly beautiful face. Oh no! Am I dreaming?

No you are not!

I tried not to show my feelings through my eyes and we both said in sync,

"You? Here? Why?"

His lips pulled up in his most famous smirk and I realized I was drooling, again!

Stop it! He is just a nobody!

"Are you following me?" I snapped. And his smirk disappeared.

Idiot!

"As if I have no other work to do. I have come here to get a degree. Not to make girls drool for me, which is still happening." He said.

Did he mean that to me? Such a jerk! He will never change!

"Oh puhhlleeaassee. You have already ruined my junior year of high school, remember? Leave me alone." I wanted to laugh so badly.

"Fine. Dont come infront of me with that face of yours then." He snapped and turned to go.

I stood there and swallowed the lump in my throat.

What the hell just happened?

He didnt even apologize or tried to be sweet with me. Grow up! He has forgotten you. Its been a year. I wished to never see his face until I am in this college and walked to my class.

But guess what? My wishes never come true. He was there with me in my first class, biology.

Yay life.

He was sitting in the seat infront of me and I could see him focusing on the specimen given to us. So beautiful! I tried really hard not to gaze at him like a romantic, love struck maniac but it was all in vain. Did he really forget me? He did not look back even once. I should be the one to ignore him but its going the other way round. The professor's hoarse voice broke my trance and I finally shifted my gaze.

"Alright people! I want you to make friends here while you study as well. So I will assign you with a group project on features of fungus. Come ahead and all the girls will collect a pink chit while the boys will collect a yellow chit. Go for it."

I rAn out of my seat and quickly grabbed a chit from the bowl as if it would be over if I went last. I can never stop being a kid.

My number was 9. My lucky number. I hope it would be some hot guy with brains so that he would do half of the work and I would not have to bother much.

The professor kept calling out the numbers and the couples united. Finally it was 9 and as I lifted my hand to show my number, I saw Zayn with the same number written in the yellow chit.

Great! This was the last thing I wanted.

Fuck my life!

"So here you areeeee! With the ugliest face of yours! I told you to stay away, still you keep coming to me. Why, honey? Am I so handsome?"

He didnt just say that to me. I had started hating him by now. Handsome? My foot! I wanted to kick his ass hard and throw him out of the classroom but then I realized I am a college girl and I need to do my project.

"Literally? Handsome? Just look at your face and you will puke I swear! Its just about a project. I need to finish it and then stay a mile away from me." I snapped. We moved out of the classroom, to our next classes, which were different and I thought his arrival was so unpredictable. I had been thinking about him this morning and just in a few hours, I have started hating him. Why is he behaving like this? There must be something going on in his mind. Or maybe I am just an irritating classmate for him. Whatever. Why do I care? I will finish the project as soon as possible and leave him alone.