Chapter 15

Brandon

" Can yall hurry up ", i yelled up the stairs. Moments later both of my parents came walking down laughing.

" Dont be rushing me boy ", my mama said as she walked pass me. My dad started looking at my hair. " Remind me to cut your hair when we get back ", he said to me. I sucked my teeth.

" Aint nothing wrong with it ", i said while running my hand through it. He looked at me like i was crazy. " I see all types of wrong with it son ", he responded then he went to get his jacket.

" I don't know why cause this the style now ", i said. He shook his head. " Im cutting your hair when we get back and thats that ", he replied. I sucked my teeth and then i walked out of the door. " Looking like you dont take care of yourself, dont make no sense...", i heard him say.

I walked to the car and waited for them to come out. Once they got to the car we all got inside. We pulled off going to this restaurant to see Sienna and her people.

I told them about Sienna being pregnant as soon as my dad came back. Of course they was disappointed but they quickly got over it. Its not like they can do anything about it anyways.

-

We finally got to the restaurant. All of us got out of the car once we saw Kaine standing with our dad's parents. My mom was waiting for my other grandparents to come. After everyone got here we started walking inside.

" I still don't know why you're here. You know she dont like you ", i told Kaine. He scrunched his nose up. " I don't care im here to support my little brother ", he said. I shook my head. " Just be prepared is all im saying ", i said. He shrugged his shoulders.

We finally got inside and we found the table they're sitting at. Sienna got up and walked over to me. " Hey baby ", she said as we hugged each other.

" Wassup, you look beautiful ", i told her. She had her hair straighten instead of in her curls. She looks good with any hairstyle. She had on a black dress that hugged her curves.

She smiled then we kissed each other on the lips. " Thanks, you look good too ", she responded. " I smirked in response. She looked over and realized that Kaine was standing beside me.

" What is he doing here "

" Im here for my little bro "

" I was talking to my boyfriend not you "

" But you was talking about me so i answered it myself "

She rolled her eyes then she looked back at everybody else. She turned back towards us.

" You better be lucky our families are here because i would've beat your ass ", she told him. I grabbed her arm and started pulling her away.

" Yeah so they can see who you really are ", Kaine yelled out after us.

I led Sienna to the table and pulled out a chair for her. She sat down then i sat down beside her. Kaine eventually came to the table and sat down. After everyone introduced their selves we started to eat.

Everybody was making small conversations around the table. But then her grandma turned to me and cleared her throat.

" So how did you meet my granddaughter "

Sienna rolled her eyes. " Nana dont start ", she said.

" What? Im just asking a question that im pretty sure everybody at this table wanna know ", her grandma replied. Then she turned to me again. As well as everybody else at the table.

" Aight well we met at one of my games. It was after the game was over. I saw her walking off the bleachers with her friend Royal-", i started off but i was interrupted.

" I love me some Royal. She's like my other grandbaby ", her grandma said. " I wonder what she look like now. I haven't seen her since yall where in middle school ", one of the women said. Im assuming its her aunt. " Is she single ?", this dude who looked around my age or older said. Kaine started to get mad once dude said that.

" Would yall be quiet and let him finish ", Sienna said. Everybody got quiet then i started talking.

" Um anyway..i walked up to her and asked her for her number. We've been together every since ", i said, cutting the story short. Her grandma scrunched her lip up then turned back around.

Sienna held my hand which calmed me down. Cause i was about to go off. I looked over and saw that my grandmas was boiling too.

" Well, son that was lovely ", my mama said. " Yes it was ", my grandma Jeanne chimed in after. Jeanne is my mom's mom and she's like me when it comes to temper.

" And im so happy that you're with Brandon. You are perfect for him. I know that yall both are overwhelmed with the pregnancy but we're here for yall and we're gonna support yall. Sienna just know that we love you and you'll always be apart of the family ", My mom said again. Sienna smiled small as tears started to fall.

My mom got up and walked over to us while i wiped her tears away. Once my ma got to us, Sienna stood up and they gave each other a hug. " I love yall too ", Sienna said. They pulled away then mama went back to sit down. Then Sienna did the same.

" Brandon i want you to know that you're family as well. We'll support you like we're gonna support Sienna. We all love you ", Sienna's mom said. " Yes we do ", her aunt chimed in. Then they all nodded agreeing. I smiled small. " Thank yall and i love yall too ", i responded.

Then the grandma scoffed. Everybody looked at her.

" What is your problem ", my grandma Jeanne questioned her.

" Who is she talking to ", she said while looking at Sienna's brother.

" Im talking to you dont play with me "

" You've been acting funny since we been here ", my other grandma Diana chimed in. Everybody started arguing with each other. I looked over at Sienna. She looked like she was on the verge of tears.

Sienna stood up and looked at everybody at the table.

" STOP IT ", she yelled out, causing everybody to look at her.

" What is wrong with yall ? I invited yall here to meet his family and get along. But the only thing yall did was get on my nerves. Nana i don't know what your problem is but you're gonna respect Brandon and his family. I don't care whether you want to or not. You have been nothing but drama tonight and im sick of it ", Sienna continued.

She grabbed my hand. I stood up then we walked away leaving them at the table. Once we were outside i pulled her into a hug. I let her cry into my chest.

" Why you crying baby ", i asked her. " Because they were being rude to you a-and ", Sienna said then she cried some more. It must be them pregnancy hormones.

" Its ok Sienna im cool off it "

" No its not ok Brandon. This was supposed to be fun and its not ", she responded. I held her chin and i kissed her on the lips.

" Its ok. Stop stressing about it ", i told her while i wiped her tears away. She nodded her head.

" You wanna go back inside ?",i asked her. She looked down for a second then she looked at me and nodded. I took her hand and led her back inside. Once we got to the table everyone looked at us. The grandma got up then walked over to us.

" Brandon im so sorry about how i was acting. The last thing i wanted was to make you feel uncomfortable and make Sienna cry. I hope you can forgive me ", she said. " Yeah we're good ", i told her. She smiled then nodded. " Ima dap you up cause i don't do hugs, im a G ", she said. Then all of us laughed. We dapped each other up. Then she kissed Sienna on her forehead.

We went back to the table to talk and enjoy ourselves again. In the mist of everyone chatting, i looked at Sienna with a smile. She smiled back then she held my hand intertwining our fingers together. I know this journey finna be bumpy but as long as we got each other we'll be straight.

***********