Chapter 24

Two weeks later

Royal

" Wake up bestfriend, today's the day ", Sienna yelled through the phone. I pulled the phone away from my ear.

" Damn SiSi im still half sleep ", i said. She sucked her teeth. " Bitch get up bye ", she said before hanging up. I rubbed my eyes before getting up out of bed. Last night was the most craziest night ive ever had.

My mom called me and told me that Cory was starting up again and that she might be late coming up here. If you don't remember who Cory is he's my mom's husband.

Ok so let me go back to when i went down there to talk to my mom again. I was down in North Carolina for the whole spring break. I thought we were gonna clash and that i was gonna leave early like last time. But instead we came to an understanding. Now we have a bond that im glad to have with her. I actually feel like i have a mom again. If that makes sense.

We just sat and talked about everything that's going on in our lives. Like one of the things she told me was how when Cory gets super drunk like he always do, he takes his frustration out on her. She tried to hide her bruises that she has but i ended up seeing them anyway for the first time. She said that she's trying to keep it away from Marion as best as she can. But i already knew he knows something is going on because that phone call we had a while back. 

Im always worried about what will end up happening to my mom and my little brother. I just hope she gets the courage to leave or kick him out.

Anyway, i got into the shower. After 30 minutes, i got out and begin brushing my teeth. After that, i did my face care routine.

I walked out of my bathroom and went to my closet to pick out some lazy day clothes. After i put on my undergarments, i threw on my black shorts and my oversized college shirt. I slid into my slides and walked over to my vanity mirror.

I started gathering all of my makeup that i needed when i heard a knock at my door.

" Come in ", i yelled out.

The door opened with my dad, Tanya, and Ryan in the doorway.

" Hey babygirl, you're getting ready ? ", dad asked. I nodded my head. " Yeah i was about to do my makeup, why ?", i responded.

" Just come with me ", he said. He walked away with the other two.

I stopped messing with my makeup and got up. I walked downstairs to see that they were outside. Once i opened the front door i saw a off white bmw with a red ribbon on top of the hood.

I walked out onto the porch. " Is-is this-", i said. My dad and Tanya motioned for me to come down. So i walked down the steps until i got to the gate. Once i opened the gate i walked over to where the car was.

" Dad is this mine ? ", i asked him. He rubbed his chin and said " mhm no ". I shot my head towards him.

" What ? ", i asked lowly. They all started laughing. " Im just playing Royal, yes this is yours ", he said.

" Are you serious dad ? ", i asked him. He nodded his head. He pulled out the car keys and handed them to me. I hugged dad tightly. Then me and Ryan ran to the car and got inside.

I played with the steering wheel for a minute and then said " I cant believe i got my own car ". Ryan let down the mirror then closed it back up. " Me either man. Now since you have a car you dont gotta call me now ", he responded.

I sucked my teeth. " Whatever ", i said. He opened up the glove department. " Im gonna miss you calling me for rides ", he said lowly. I turned around to look at him.

" Just a little bit ", he responded. I leaned over and gave him a big hug. I kissed him on the cheek. " Ew ", he said as he pushed me off. " I love you bro ", i said. He started wiping the side of his face. " Yeah i love you too but dont ever do that again ", Ryan said.

I got out the car followed by a small laugh. After he got out i locked the doors. All of us began going back into the house so Ryan and I can get ready for prom.

----------------

After i got done doing my makeup and everything, i went into my closet and grabbed my prom dress. I laid it on the bed then checked the clock on my radio.

I blew out a stressful sigh wondering where my mom and grandma was.

As soon as i was about to get undressed, there was a knock at my door. " Who is it ", i asked.

" Its your mom-"

" -And your grandma, now open up chile ", my grandma said through the door.

I shot up and ran to open the door. Once i opened it, i gave both of them a hug. They both kissed me on the cheek. After they walked in, my grandma went to grab my shoes while my mom picked up my dress and helped me put it on.

" I thought yall wasn't going to come ", i said. Both of them stopped to look at me.

" We would never miss your prom baby ", my mom responded.

" Yeah, we just got caught up with something back in nc ", grandma chimed in.

" But we're here now and that's all that matters ", mom said. After i slip the dress on, grandma was fixing it so the dress can look right on me. I looked at her and then to mama.

" What happened ? ", i asked them. My mom shot grandma a look. Kinda in a way where she didn't want her to say anything to me. Grandma rolled her eyes then looked at me.

" Ill tell you about it tomorrow but right now go ahead and put these on for me ", she told me. I looked between both of them briefly before grabbing my heels and putting them on.

My hair was already styled into a long silky straight low ponytail. So i didn't have to worry about that. I was officially done getting ready.

" Aw you look gorgeous baby ", my mom said. She started to cry. Grandma looked over at her and shook her head. " You look beautiful ", grandma said. I thanked both of them. " Ok now since you're ready its time to go outside and meet everyone ", granny said.

I grabbed my clutch and followed them into the hallway. My mom closed the door behind us then she followed us downstairs. I held my dress up from getting dirty or anything while i walked. Granny opened the front door.

As soon as i stood in the doorway, dad, Marion, Tanya, uncle Aaron ( my dad's brother) and his kids, my grandma's husband, auntie Roxy (my mom's sister) and her kids, and my uncle Que (my mom's brother) and his family, all awed and cheered.

After everyone took pictures of me and with me, Kaine came rolling up the street. All of us turned around to see him park his car. He got out looking hella good in his suit.

" So this is Kaine ?", my mom asked me. I nodded my head.

I told my mom about Kaine and what had happened between us. She was mad about it but she eventually got over it. Just because im back with him again.

Kaine turned around and our eyes met. He flashed a smile and i returned it. He walked over to me still smiling.

" You look beautiful Royal ", he said. I did a 180 turn then i striked a pose.

" Why thank you, i tried ", i said then we both laughed. We gave each other a tight hug.

" Ok yall stand together so we can get pictures of you two ", Roxy said.

After Kaine and i took pictures, dad talked to him for a minute. I looked at the time on my phone. I walked over to them and pulled Kaine's arm. " We're gonna be late bye dad ", i said.

" Well have fun I love you ", dad said. Then everyone else chimed in saying the same thing.

We got into Kaine's car and drove off heading to our senior prom.

*********

Sorry i've been slacking off, im gonna update again today ❤ hope yall enjoyed 😊.