Chapter 22

Royal

" I can't wait to see my baby play ", Sienna yelled out over the loud music. The song that was playing was Let me clear my throat by Dj Kool.

I nodded my head and went back to dancing in my seat. I looked around at everybody and their mama dancing, cheering, and shouting in the bleachers.

" Me either. I just know my baby's gonna win ", Sadie said. Sienna looked over at her with her lips scrunched up.

" Girl now you know they gonna loose ", she responded.

Ryan is the captain for the opposite team our school is playing against which is the Vikings. Trey is also on that team. The Vikings and the Falcons are kind of neck and neck with each other when it comes to whose the better team.

Anyway they started going back and forth with each other.

" You having fun ? ", Kaine asked. I looked at him. " Yeah ", i replied with a smile. He looked around nodding his head.

" Good. See i told you ", he said. Kaine kept convincing me to come to the game tonight. Lord knows i didn't want to come because of someone who should remain nameless. But i figured why not go ? Why should i be bored and miserable ?

" Yeah you were right. I would've regretted not coming ", i said. He flashed me a smile. " Yes you would've ", he responded. We kissed each other right before principal Wyatt got on the mic.

" How's everybody doing tonight ? ", he said. His response was cheering and shouting from everyone.

" Ok ok. Well thanks for coming out to the Huguenot Falcons vs Thomas Jefferson Vikings basketball game ", he yelled out. Everyone cheered again.

" Lets give a warm welcome to the Thomas Jefferson Vikings ", Wyatt said. Ryan and his teammates stood while everyone cheered. Including us. Mostly Sadie. She was louder then everybody.

----------

Tyler

" Alrighty boys gather around ", Coach smith said. We all stood around him.

" This is what we worked hard for. To get to this point. This game will determine whether the scouts are gonna come to our next game or not. I want all of you to stay focused, nothing matters out there but you, the ball, and your teammates, you got it ", he said. We all talked at once.

" Now i want you to go out there and kick some ass ", Smith yelled out. We all cheered while heading out of the locker room.

----------
Nobody's pov

" Now what yall all been waiting for. Put your hands together for Huguenot Falcons ", Principal Wyatt yelled out.

Two cheerleaders were standing on each side while Tyler and his team jogged into the gym. Everyone in the gym cheered and shouted. Well..not everyone.

Royal sat there frozen as she looked at Tyler out on the floor. Standing with his other teammates. Immediately she started to think about everything that happened between them that night. The night that ended their relationship. Friendship. Just everything.

Tyler quickly glanced over at the crowd. But instantly regretted it once he saw Royal.

" Aye bro you good ", Brandon came up and said. Tyler quickly looked away. " Yeah lets do this ", he replied. Them two join their team. Their coach started talking to them about the plays in the game.

" Ugh gosh ", Sadie said. They all looked over to see Darius and Rashad heading their way. Rashad had his arms opened with a huge smile.

" Wassup friends ", he said. Sadie rolled her eyes. " Ain't nobody your friend over here ", Sienna said smartly. He sucked his teeth then mushed her head.