chapter 31

Nobody's pov

" Come on im open "

" GO GET DOWN THE COURT NOW "

" Pass the ball "

" PAYTON MAKING HIS WAY TO THE NET, HE SHOOTS... AND HE SCORES FOR THE VIKINGS YALL  ", Que said into the intercom. There were two announcers, him and this woman named Lolo.

*crowd cheers

*ref blows whistle

" Alright its time for our 15 minute break, just in time for our vikings cheer girls yall. Girls show em what you got ", Lolo had said.

The players on each team went to sit down on the sidelines so the cheerleaders can do their performance. The visiting team always goes first so the vikings cheerleaders were walking onto the floor. Workin' Me by Quavo started blasting through the speakers. The girls began their cheer/dance routine. The crowd started going wild.

Tyler sat down in the chair and wiped his face off. Mind going crazy because the opposite team was winning by three points. He looked over at the scouts that were sitting at the table that was in front of the bleachers where the crowd was. They were looking down at their clipboards shaking their heads and talking amongst each other. Tyler looked around at the crowd until his eyes met Royal and all their friends. They stood up and waved at him. Making him feel somewhat ok.

" everybody get over here now ", Coach Smith told Tyler and the rest of the team. They all stood in a circle and gave Smith their attention. " Now i don't know what's going on out there but you guys need to step it up ", he told them. The team started talking amongst their selves. " Hey im talking damn it ", he yelled out. They all stopped talking. " Get out there and play the game. We worked all year long for this moment and yall are fucking up ", Smith yelled out.

" Davio, Sam, yall sit this round out and Brandon, Trey, yall go in ", he said. " But coach- ", Davio said. Smith interrupted him and said " Coach nothing, now we got a game to win here boys. Go out there and play damn it. On three ". The falcons started chanting " One, two, three, FALCONS ". 

" VIKINGS, WE LIT

WE'RE GONNA KILL IT

I SAID VIKINGS WE LIT

WE'RE GONNA KILL THIS SHIT

WE LIT "

*Crowd cheers

" Woooo weee they sho nuff brought it yall ", Lolo said.

*ref blows whistle

" Now its back to the game my brothers and sisters ", Que said.

Both teams walked out onto the court. The ref stood in the middle with the ball. One person from each team stood on each side of the ref. He threw the ball up in the air and then he blew the whistle. Ref stepped back as the person on the falcon team grabbed the ball. The crowd started cheering.

The person passed Brandon the ball. Brandon began dribbling the ball down the court until he got to the net. He started to become surrounded by two boys from the opposite team, trying to play defense. Trey held his hand out giving Brandon the signal that he was open. Once Brandon found a opening, he passed it to Trey. But the ball slipped out of Trey's hand making Ryan get control of it.

*Crowd cheers

" Shit ", Brandon yelled out. He ran with the rest of the team down to the other side of the court to get the ball. Ryan had a  full clear pathway to the net. He ran and dunked making the ball shoot down through the net.