37. Bofur - Request

Bofur - Request

Summary : Y/N has been broken so many times in her life, which has caused her to be scared to love anyone again, so she has closed herself up and over time built a wall around her heart. When she meets a dwarf with a funny hat, all that starts to change and she doesn't like it one bit. Bofur is determined though. (realbluewolf123  hope you don't mind I used your words for the summary, but I think it was better than anything I would have thought of XD)

Words : 2951.

A/N : Another imagine for the lovely realbluewolf123! Hope you like it! 😊❤️

⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️⤵️

Narrator's POV

Erebor was enjoying yet another day of peace and prosperity, and, although the dwarves should have been happy to have reclaimed their home - home that had been stolen by Smaug - they were actually just as sad as they were one year ago, when they lost 3 of the most important people for them: Fili, Kili and Thorin. The deaths of the three dwarves affected them so much that they knew they could never smile as wide as they used to, when their friends were still alive.

At the moment, every dwarf that had once been a part of the amazing company of Thorin Oakenshield, was trying to spend their time the best they could, in order to take their mind off the unfortunate fate of the three heroes who have died trying to regain their home.

The one who seemed to be less affected - though in reality suffered more than anyone - was Bofur, the dark-haired, moustached dwarf who was wearing one of the funniest hats in Middle Earth. He used to spend his time in the woods, where he had the opportunity to relax, meditate and admire the nature of an unimaginable beauty.

Bofur was currently making his way to the forest, walking with small, slow steps, while humming one of his favorite songs. It seemed like the weather was certainly on his side, since the bright sun was lighting up his path and warming the earth, while a few birds were flying all around the place, their chirping floating in the air, along with the strong smell of flowers and greenery.

After minutes and minutes of walking, the dwarf finally caught sight of the tall, leafy trees that were now so familiar to him. Entering the forest, he decided rest for a while, so he sat down, on the ground, with his back pressed on the trunk of a three. Bofur glanced up, only to realize that the sun could no longer touch him, which was a good thing, since his whole body was covered in sweat.

Recently, in Erebor, people have been talking about some bandits that were roaming the forests and killed everyone they met in their way. Bofur didn't know if that was true or not, but what he did know was that, even if there were indeed some guys who were looking for trouble, he could always protect himself.

"HELP!" he suddenly heard a voice - voice that surely belonged to a woman - which shook him out of his thoughts and made him sit up almost immediately.

The dwarf stayed still, taking out his dagger and waiting for that person to scream again, so he could find out where the voice was coming from. When he eventually did, Bofur started running into that direction, stumbling and almost falling a few times.

As soon as his running finally came to an end, he looked around, only to see a girl and about 30 other men attacking her. At first, the dwarf couldn't help but stare at her. He wasn't sure what she was, a dwarf or an elf, since she was pretty short, but had pointed ears, but she was probably the most beautiful person he had ever seen.