Chapter 2 - A Familiar Face

"Her breathing is back to normal and her heart rate has gone down. She had a slight concussion, but nothing too serious. And she is conscious. She should be fine."

"We did have to give her 12 stitches in the cut on her thigh. This poor girl had a traumatic experience. Sir, if you hadn't gone outside when you did she might not be here right now." A women spoke. I couldn't open my eyes. But I could tell I was in a hospital.

"I just feel so bad that this happened at our event. Where was security?" The familiar man's voice was gentle, but sounded stressed.

"I'm sorry honey. I wish I could tell you how The Pernicious got through. But i found that She has no family in the area. This poor girl, I even called her work and they didn't have an emergency contact for her."

I cringed. Not wanting to remember what I had left behind.

'I have no family. It's best to let no one in. It hurts less.'

"No one? She could have died and you're telling me no one would have turned their head?"

I wanted to open my eyes and put a face to the familiar voice. Instead I just managed to wiggle my hand and someone held it. I felt myself smile slightly as their thumb traced the back of my hand.

"Can she hear us?" The man asked.

"Yes, but she might be too tired to open her eyes or speak." The woman (I'm assuming a nurse) answered.

"Verona." The man's beautiful voice whispered my name.

Finally I lifted my eyelids and stared in awe at the teenager in front of me. His blue eyes looked into mine with wonder and curiosity. His messy blonde, brown hair was all pushed up.

"Who are you?" I asked slowly.

He looked to be around my age; 19 or 20. Although he had this aroma of sophistication surrounding him. Making him seem older.

He laughed quietly; the sound very pleasant to my ears. "Well that doesn't Matter right now. But I know you're Verona Waltz." I probably should have questioned how he knew, but I'm guessing the Nurse told him.

"Where am I?" Again he chuckled at my disoriented self.

"Los Angeles. Although I'm sure you knew that already. You're in a hospital not far from where I found you." His smile was wiped off his face at the memory.

"I found you before anything too serious could happen. I plan to get to know you as you recover. The guys and I feel guilty about the event that happened." He looked at his feet as he explained everything.

I slowly rose enough so that I could hug him.

"Thank you. You saved my life and I owe you. I thought I was going to die in that ally." Tears streamed down my face as I gripped tighter to the attractive boy.

He gently wrapped his arms around my waist and hugged me back. He pulled back and wiped my tears away.

He chuckled and grabbed my hand again. "Verona. How about I explain some things over dinner on Friday night?"

I felt my cheeks grow hot and I nodded.

"Good, I'll see you Friday then. Wear something nice." Before I could thank him again, he was gone.