Chapter 9 - Lay Down

"Really? you'll stay?" Nash's face was lit up like a Christmas tree. He had a goofy grin on his face and his blue gems sparkled.

Again I wondered why he was single. He's famous, rich, beautiful so why didn't he have a significant other. I was baffled by the thought.

I snapped out of my Nash trance and answered his question. I was glad his smile was caused by me. that made me smile.

"Yes. I need to take chances. I don't think you guys are psychotic killers." Everyone laughed and Matthew started to slowly exit the room with his hands up.

Matthew winked; "I may be guilty of that one." The room erupted in chuckles. I didn't know why that was so funny, but i laughed with the guys.

"Hottub time!" Carter yelled. As everyone else ran upstairs, Nash and I stayed behind.

"We don't have to swim. I'm guessing you don't have a swimsuit in that purse?" He pointed to the little bag laying next to me.

I let out a weak laugh and shook my head. Hell, I didn't even have a Toothbrush.

"Um no. But I do have to work tomorrow and I don't have a Toothbrush, hairbrush, anything." My cheeks were on fire as I spoke quietly.

"Maybe you could call in tomorrow? say you're still recovering. We have extra toothbrushes and plenty of hair brushes. And you can wear my clothes."

Another day off work sounded great to me. So I smiled and nodded. Nash grinned back and stood from the couch.

He held his hand out and i took it. I followed him down one of the hallways and into a bedroom.

This room was red and all sorts of sports pictures and jerseys littered the walls. There was a giant bed in the middle and one 'wall' was made completely of glass and had an amazing view of LA.

There was a black desk against another wall with a laptop laying on it. The laptop was covered with stickers of things like "Vans", something called Nashty, and a little alien. Random things that seemed to match his personality.

"So, this is my room. Each room is a different color. kind of cool." He laughed at his explanation. Then went on to talk about how red is his favorite.

He walked to the black dresser that was across from the end of the bed. He pulled open a drawer and extracted a tshirt and shorts.

As he tossed then to me he apologized. "I'm not sure the pants will fit you correctly. If The shirt is long enough I guess you don't have to wear shorts." He blushed and stopped talking; obviously embarrassed to be saying that.

"Is that a bathroom?" I pointed to the other door in the room.

"Yeah, here. If it doesn't fit then I'll go out and buy some." Nash smiled and handed me his clothes.

I thanked him and then walked into the bathroom. The bathroom was also red and bigger than my own bedroom.

A large, elegant looking Jacuzzi bathtub took up 50% of the bathroom. It was in the center of the large room. The tub was in the floor so I had to be careful where I stepped.

At first I didn't see a shower; then I noticed a nozzle in the ceiling above the step - in tub.

'Damn! people with money go all out these days.'

Two walls opposite of each other were just mirrors with granite counters. I saw another door, past the bathtub, that I guessed was were the toilet was.

I took in my surrounding and thought about how nice this life must be. To get everything you want. That's incredible.

After i scanned the room, I picked a spot to change away from the hole in the ground. I stripped to my undergarments and slipped on Nash's clothes. The tshirt fell just above my knees, but the basketball shorts were too big.

I tried to tie them tight enough to stay on my hips, but they wouldn't. With a sigh I gave up and took them off. I picked up all of my clothes and the shorts and folded them before walking out.

Nash was laying on his bed watching the TV that was above his dresser. His attention was on me the second I opened the door. I could tell he was trying his hardest to keep his eyes on my face, but they wandered over my whole body.

After a moment of awkward silence he spoke. "Shorts were too big?" I nodded and walked over to the bed.

"Its fine though. you don't need to go get any. The shirt is long enough that i feel comfortable." I blushed; I seemed to be doing that a lot lately.

Nash opened his mouth, but then closed it. Instead he nodded and patted the space next to him.

"We have a guest room if you want to stay there. I mean I'm not good with the whole date thing so I don't know if this is going good." He rambled on. obviously he was nervous.

I looked around his room and thought for a moment. It would probably make more sense to sleep in the guest room. I locked eyes with Nash and gave him a smile.

"I would feel more comfortable sleeping in the guest room. This is my first date in, well, ever. And i don't want to do anything stupid." My explanation made enough sense to me.

Nash's smile was wiped off his face, but only for a moment. He nodded in understanding and walked towards the door. I glanced at my phone and saw it was 11:54.

Just as he started walking out the door I called for him. "Nash wait! I can watch a movie or something until I get tired. I'm not sleepy at the moment." I grabbed his wrist and he spun around.

He Smiled and then took a step back; realizing how close we had been. I went and sat on one side of the bed as he picked up a movie. The previews started playing, but i didn't ask what movie it was.

Although i had said I wasn't tired, I really was. As the main menu for "White House Down" popped onto the screen, I felt my eyelids start to close.

I watched half of the movie and I could hear Nash snore next to me. I swung my legs onto the floor and walked out of the room. As i got to the hallway I realized I had no clue where the guest room was.

Sighing, I turned around and went back into Nash's room. He must be a heavy sleeper, because he didn't stir as I closed the door. I turned off the TV and crept back into bed beside him.

The moment my head hit the pillow I was deep in sleep. I dreamed about a little town in the middle of the forest with kids playing and adults laughing. The small town was unaware of the monster watching it's prey.

And as my dream turned into a nightmare, I woke up screaming.