Chapter 12 - Surprises

Today's plans were a mystery to me until I practically begged Nash to tell me.

His answer wasn't said through words, but after I kept asking he silently laid down multiple tickets on the counter. I had picked three different ones up and examined them.

One was for Santa Monica Pier which is now the largest roller park in the world. The pier added on miles of roller coasters during World War 3 to try to calm the public. Now it was one of the biggest tourist attractions in LA.

Another ticket was to attend a concert festival for some bands I had heard some songs from. Apparently they were super popular. I mentally told myself that I needed to listen to more of their songs.

The last ticket was probably my favorite. It was blue and waves covered everything. Above the background in big black letters read "Los Angeles Aquarium". The name reminded me of my love for swimming and water in general.

"Now you know our busy day, but i still have many surprises for you." I looked up and grinned.

"Thank you so much. No one has ever done something like this for me." I ran into his arms and eloped him in a giant hug.

Nash giggled and pulled away. "Now go get dressed in these." He handed me an elegant bag from 'Serein Farley'. "And then meet me back in here when you're done so we can go to Santa Monica."

I nodded and dashed towards his room. Once the door was locked I threw off Nash's clothes.

I smiled to myself as I slid on some very expensive looking jeans and an all black tanktop. I thought the bag was empty so I tossed it on the bed. It fell off and I heard a jingling sound.

Curious about what I heard, I dug through the bag and found a small necklace. It was gold and a small 4-leaf clover charm hung from the chain. On the clover was a tiny blue diamond and the word lucky inscribed on it.

i stared at the necklace for a couple moments. It looked so dainty and fancy.

'That tiny diamond is worth more than my apartment, yet it's so simple.'

A knock on the door caused me to jump and i dropped the price of fine jewels. I bent down to pick it up as the door opens.

"Do you like it?" Nash asked as I straightened up and held the chain up.

"Its beautiful, but why did you get it?" I searched his eyes for a hidden mission.

"Well I meant to take it out of the bag and give it to you tonight. So you could remember today." He wasn't embarrassed or shy; he looked me straight in the eyes as he explained.

His confidence made me blush. I did a girly giggle as i placed the necklace in him palm.

"Well what's it symbolize? It has a blue diamond and the word lucky on it. Surely you had a reason for those things." My eyes searched his beautiful blue ones for a deep response.

"The clover and lucky represent the same thing. Most people have hearts or a date to represent their relationship. I just wanted a clover, because I'm lucky I met you." He went behind me and put the necklace on me.

"But we didn't mean in a fortunate way." I reminded him.

"Yeah, I know. But we're lucky i found you in time. I'm lucky you accepted the date with me. And as for the blue diamond, it's is supposed to represent the first thing you saw. Or at least I think it is." Nash finished his explanation sounding doubtful.

"You're eyes?" I spun around to look into them once more.

Nash laughed and put a hand on my cheek. "Yes."

Nash started to lean down to me slowly, but i didn't want to kiss him. Not yet anyway.

I watched as he closed his eyes and his lips inched closer to mine at a painfully slow pace. Before they could find my lips, I turned my head and continued our conversation.

"I'll never be able to forget your eyes. They remind me of life and hope." My voice was soft, embarrassed.

Nash looked confused as to why I had rejected the kiss, but he pretended like it didn't happen.

"Well hopefully you won't have to forget them anytime soon." He grabbed my hand and started walking out of the apartment, "Ready to go?"

Santa Monica Pier was nearly empty. It was quite an odd, yet exciting sight to see. Normally the amusement park is filled with hundreds upon thousands of tourists. So seeing only the workers kind of puzzled me.

All of the roller coasters were stopped and the only sounds were some workers chatting in the distance. I started to think that Nash had somehow rented out the whole park, but that would be crazy.

"Nash I think they're closed today." I tugged at his shirt as we walked towards the gates.

He looked down at me and chuckled softly. His eyes sparkled with genuine happiness as he grinned at me. He looked like a little boy on Christmas Day.

"I told you today would be full of lots of surprises."

I kept quiet the rest of the way to the gate. My mind was taking in what this meant. 'He rented the whole place for me?'

After we got passed the gate Nash stopped and squated down.

"What are you doing?" I giggled at him.

"Hop on!" His smile was intoxicating and i reluctantly did as he asked.

He carried me to the biggest coaster in the park. It sat right on the pier and went around the whole park.

Since we were the only people at Santa Monica, naturally we had no wait. Nash sat as close to me as possible and we dashed off.

I had never experienced such a thrilling feeling. My heart was in my throat as we went down the steep hills. I'm sure i was causing Nash to go deaf, but he didn't mention my screaming when we got off the roller coaster.

Nash grinned and fixed his wind blown hair. "What next?"

"Again!"

-

A.N.

So this chapter was longer, but i couldn't find how to end it. It will get better and start to move faster soon! next chapter will be up (hopefully) by Thursday! so thanks for reading (to my few readers!

p.s. i write these on my phone so i probably have a lot of grammatical errors and spelling issues. i do try to proof read it, but sometimes I miss mistakes!