Chapter 3 - Unknown

It was Thursday night. Two days after my incident with The Pernicious. The hospital had allowed me to go home yesterday and now I was staring at my closet.

The boy from the hospital hadn't contacted me and I was starting to believe I had imagined him. He had seemed unrealistically attractive.

I picked up a pair of faded cut jeans and a purple tanktop. Then I closed my closet door. I was greeted by my own reflection.

Tan skin, black hair with some red underneath, light brown eyes. No wonder I never caught guys attention; I was an ordinary hispanic girl. There were millions like me.

I turned away from the mirror, disgusted with my ordinary look. Maybe The guy who saved me just felt bad and wanted to give me hope that he'd stay once I was better. He had nothing tying him to me.

On my bed my phone lite up. I walked over puzzled; I never get texts or calls. Considering I've pushed away out of my life.

An unknown number had texted me.

"Don't forget I'm picking you up for dinner tomorrow Verona."

I stared at the text, dumbfounded. He has my number? he's actually taking me out?

"I'm surprised you actually got a hold of me. I still don't know your name, but yet you have my number and address?"

My heart beat in my chest as I waited for a response. It was silly of me to crush on this random stranger, but he had saved my life.

"I'll explain who I am tomorrow. As for that address.... I still need that."

The corners of my mouth twitched into a smile as I explained where he could pick me up.

He didn't reply until an hour later. It was 10 pm when I heard from him again.

"Good night Verona. Hopefully tomorrow night will be great!"

I giggled as I plugged my phone in. I laid in bed and thought about the boy's name. He looked so familiar, yet I've never met him until 2 days ago.

Maybe it was Jake? Or Ryan? He did kind of look like an Isaiah as well.

'Don't start liking this guy, Verona. It's bad news. If you get attached then you'll get hurt. that's what always happens. This is why you live alone with no friends.'

My mind was fighting with itself. I didn't want to become attached. After what happened to my hometown I stopped caring for others. It made life much easier.

I can't let this guy in to my heart, because I'm nearly broken as it is.