Chapter 23 - Secrets

Nothing. I felt nothing, while kissing Cameron. It didn't last long after I realized kissing him was nothing like kissing Nash. I pulled away almost immediately after we locked lips.

"I'm sorry, Cameron. I... it wasn't... I'm sorry." I stuttered.

"Did you think of him?" He whispered so quietly that I almost missed it.

"Who?" Of course I knew he meant Nash. I just didn't know what to do. I'd never really been on a date (besides my childhood love with Jet) and now I kissed two guys in one weekend.

"Nash." He sounded angry. Why would he be mad? Just earlier he wanted me to be with Nash!

"Yes. I guess I just wanted to see if it felt the same. But that's the thing, I felt sparks when I kissed Nash. I'm sorry Cam, but I didn't feel anything with you." I stared at the ground. I felt so bad. I'm sure it meant nothing to him either,  but that didn't make this less awkward.

Cameron nodded and walked out the door without saying another word. I sighed and hobbled to the dresser. I picked out a pair of sweats and a tshirt that was laying in the first drawer. I slipped them on and, to my surprise, they fit perfectly.

After awhile of sitting on my bed staring at the ceiling, I decided to talk to Cameron. I was about to walk into the living room, but I stopped when i heard voices.

"Is she okay?" I immediately recognized the voice as Nash.

"Yeah. Thanks for dinner. Did you make that?" I heard Cameron joke with Nash.

"I might have put it together really fast. Remember I was a chef." I could just see the smirk on Nash's face. I missed his face.

Wait what did I just think?

"So she isn't angry or upset that I left?" Nash asked. He sounded hopeful as if he wanted me to miss him.

I took that as my time to step out from the hallway. They didn't see me at first,  so I yawned and walked closer to them. Cameron saw me first and he looked... nervous? Nash must've seen him looking at me, because he quickly turned around and smiled.

"I missed you!" Nash exclaimed as he wrapped me in a hug. I didn't even have to think, I just wrapped my arms around him. He was only gone for a few hours, but i had honestly missed those blue eyes.

Cameron was glaring at us. He was jealous,  but I didn't understand why. I know we kissed, but we discussed that it meant nothing.

'What if it meant something to him? Don't be so naive Verona.'

"Cameron, thank you for coming and watching her. I trust you man. If I feel she needs to be protected,  then I won't hesitate to call you." Guilt crept into my body as Nash finished saying goodbye to Cameron.

I hope he doesn't find out we kissed. I would hate to ruin their friendship. I wonder if he would be made at Cameron or me or both of us.

"Tired?" Nash asked me after Cameron had left.

As if on cue, I yawned. I didn't realize how late it was. I looked around the room until I saw a clock. Eleven twenty-three already?

"I guess I am." I mumbled as Nash chuckled.

He grabbed my hand and started leading me back to our room. I was so glad he was being happy and acting cute. He wasn't lustful or angry and I loved this Nash.

'Did I just say love?'

Nash pulled the duvet around us when we laid down. His arms wrapped around me and I cuddled into his side.

"I missed you." I admitted.

"You did?" Nash pulled away slightly, so he could see my face. He had a huge grin on his face.

"Yes. Surprisingly I did miss you." He looked so happy as I said that. It felt so nice to know I was causing that smile.

He leaned his head down and pressed his lips to my forehead.  It was a sweet gesture. I felt so bad. Maybe I should tell him I kissed Cameron. But I couldn't bring myself to do it.

"Why did you leave?" I questioned.

"Work. Russia was getting bad and they needed me to look over some paperwork. Remember I'm like the president of the Americas." He said with an arrogant smirk.

"I got a powerful man in bed with me right now." I winked. Nash chuckled and pulled me even closer to him. Before I could make another comment, Nash's mouth found mine.

Our lips moved together and I swear fireworks were going off. I felt his tongue slide across my lips; asking for entrance.  I denied his wants and pulled away. I still felt guilty about Cameron. I was about to tell him, but he was still smiling.

"Good night Verona. I'll stay by your side all night. You won't have to miss me again." Nash whispered in my ear.

I wanted to tell him, but sleep was pulling me closer to the darkness. My mouth was about to speak the words. Instead my eyes close and I lay my head on Nash's chest.

I didn't sleep in peace for long. I awoke to someone covering my mouth. My eyelids shot open, but it wasn't Nash's blue eyes staring back at me.

Excruciating pain ripped through my arm. I tried to scream and grab Nash, but my hand just grasped the covers. Where was Nash? He said he'd protect me.

I couldn't scream for help since a hand covered my mouth, so I tried to thrash my body around. Someone grabbed my feet before I could kick anything. My arms seemed paralyzed from whatever shot they gave me.

I just wanted Nash to wake me up. This was surely another vivid night terror. When will Nash save me? He always saves me...

I was able to see a few colors, before I blacked out once again. Colors were beginning to become very important to me and as my eyes closed once again the color I saw was blood red.