Chapter 7 - The Boys

*Author's Note:

Since I have a few readers I was wondering if I could get some comments or suggestions on how the book is coming along so far. It's kind of slow right now and I plan to speed it up and get longer chapters really soon! Hope you like it so far! Don't forget to vote!*

After dinner Nash walked me around LA. It was an oddly quite night and I noticed there weren't many beggers on the street.

We kept walking past hotels, restaurants, and many clubs. Nash didn't say anything; he just held my hand and walked with me. I was pretty sure he was eager to get rid of me so he could hang out with a girl more lively.

"Where are we going?" I finally broke the awkward silence.

He Smiled at me, but still said nothing. Instead he pretended to zip his mouth shut and throw away an imaginary key.

"How mature." I giggled.

Nash shrugged and turned down a dark ally. I froze and let go of his hand. Suddenly clouded with the memory of The Pernicious attack.

"Verona I won't let anyone hurt you. I promise." Although Nash was no match for The Pernicious i still believed him.

"Why are we going this way?"

"To get to our destination faster." He chuckled and grabbed for my hand.

I allowed him to hold it and lead me down the ally. to make sure i felt safe he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me into his side.

The ally was short, but my heart raced with each step. by the time we were back to the street I had nearly passed out from holding my breath.

"Told you I'd protect you. Always." He kept his arm around my waist as we strolled down the sidewalk.

'Always? So he wanted to see me again? no. Maybe he wanted me to feel safe.'

We ended up at a very nice apartment complex. Nash pulled out a set of keys as we rode in the elevator. Honestly i was deadly afraid of elevators, but i wasn't about to tell Nash.

The doors slide open on the top floor; 15. There was only 2 apartments on this floor and they were the biggest LA had. Even I knew this is where top notch people live!

"You live here?" I asked amazed.

"Um.. yeah. Don't tell anyone. it'd suck to have to move." I heard the sound of a door unlocking and then I stood dumbfounded as the Door opened.

An old fashioned chandelier hung from the hallway that lead to a huge living room. In the corner there was a spiral staircase that lead to another level. The kitchen was connected to the living room and had an island and only the best appliances.

Everything was white. Even the flat screen TV was white and looked like it was apart of the wall and had to be 70". A large, white wrap around couch faced the TV. There were hallways that branched off of the huge room.

"I'm guessing you didn't decorate?" I laughed thinking of men doing this.

He let out a nervous chuckle. "No; the guys and I paid someone to make it look really nice. I guess it is a lot."

"No. i like it. So you have roommates?"

As if on cue I heard other voices. Then an Asian guy came jogging down the stairs. Behind him a guy, that looked alittle older than Nash, waved as he tried to push the Asian. And then another kid who looked to be the youngest followed.

"Verona, Meet Carter, Cameron, and Matthew." Nash pointed to each guy in order.

"Call me Cam and this Is Matt." The oldest looking boy said.

"How old are you guys?" I questioned.

"I'm 18, Matt's 19, and Cam's 22. and obviously Nash is 19. how old are you?" Carter answered.

"21." I felt so old around these guys, but at Least I didn't find it creepy.

"Way to go Nash! Picking up an older woman." Matt high fived Nash and i blushed.

Nash shook his head and pulled me in close. His arms were around my waist and my back was pressed to his chest.

"Wanna watch a movie?" Nash whispered in my ear; causing my body to shiver.

All I could do was nod as he led me to the beautiful, white couch.