❧ two

lim jaebeom woke up to the sound of his phone ringing, quickly shooting up to grab it. the phone number didn't look familiar, but he couldn't remember the last time someone besides his mother called him.

even if it was a robot, jaebeom would embrace the scary voice and talk to it like he would a normal person. he was very desperate for human interaction, if it wasn't blatantly obvious.

"hello?" jaebeom asked, biting on his lip nervously. please don't be a robot, please be a real person.

"hello, is this lim jaebeom?" a voice asked. jaebeom nearly cheered when he realized it was a real person.

"um, yes, this is him." he said calmly, clearing his throat.

"you applied for a job at walmart the other day, correct?"

"yes, yes, i did." jaebeom nodded, his voice a little too excited.

"well, you got the job. when do you think you could start?" the voice said, jaebeom nearly jumped around and screamed in happiness the second time that day, and it wasn't even eight in the morning yet.

"i could start today?"

"perfect. just go up to the customer service desk and request for park jinyoung's help."

"alright! thank you so much! i'll be on my way soon!" jaebeom grinned, hanging up and dashing into his bathroom. "MOM! I GOT THE JOB!" he called downstairs, shutting the bathroom door before she could reply.

again, lim jaebeom walked into the walmart, a slight skip in his step as he went to the customer service desk. no intruding thoughts today, it was going to be a good day.

he noticed the tall brunette again, standing there with a shorter, blonde haired man, who seemed to be annoying the shit out of him.

"but markiepooh! it's not my fault!" the blonde whined, shaking the skinnier arm of mark's. it sounded as if they were having relationship issues, and now jaebeom hesitated to continue walking forward.

"fuck off, mother fucker jackson wang, i swear to god. go back to the cash register." mark sighed, shoving him away when he noticed jaebeom standing there awkwardly.

"um, hi.." jaebeom said softly, smiling a bit. "is uh, park jinyoung here?"

"ye-"

"NEW WORKER!" the supposed jackson wang shrieked, startling jaebeom. he grabbed the intercom phone and inhaled deeply. "CODE GREEN, I REPEAT, WE HAVE A CODE GREEN DOWN IN CUSTOMER SERVICE!" jackson hollered, mark and jaebeom having to cover their ears.

since the store wasn't open for customers yet, you could hear faint shrieks of other people and feet slapping against the ground.

"BITCH MOVE!" someone hollered, and jaebeom heard someones body hit the ground.

what interesting people.

after hearing more hollers, four more males came running up, panting heavily.

"holy shit, jinyoung ran?" jackson gasped.

"i was trying to kill yugyeom." the supposed jinyoung panted out, standing back up again. jaebeom stood there awkwardly, noticing youngjae from the other day.

"hi, i'm bambam, and i'm hot as fuck." bambam grinned, standing in front of jaebeom. he looked bambam up and down for a few seconds, noticing how.. not-so-appropriate his outfit was.

he was literally wearing an outfit that made him look like one of those fem-boy strippers. now, jaebeom wasn't gonna lie, it was a bit hot.

"hi, it's me youngjae again!" youngjae grinned brightly, softly pushing bambam out of the way.