❧ sixteen

lim jaebeom sighed as he carried boxes of various cans of soup over to the canned goods aisle, setting them down quickly because damn, that shit was heavy.

he stood back up straight, and none other than choi youngjae himself stood before him, a smile on his face.

"what's popping, pardner?" youngjae asked with a country accent. jaebeom sighed again and shrugged.

"nothing." he frowned. he grabbed a box cutter from his back pocket and cut open the boxes, taking out a can of cream of mushroom soup. disgusting!

"still hung up over mark?" youngjae said with a kind and understanding tone. jaebeom rolled his eyes.

"don't even say his name." he muttered, standing back up.

"yeah, it's just.. i don't think he would want to listen to me." a familiar voice said, in the next aisle probably.

"fuck, youngjae, it's mark-" jaebeom said in a panic, tossing the can of soup onto the shelf and looking around.

"well-" youngjae started, but was interrupted by something very unexpected. jaebeom stood on his toes and grabbed either side of youngjae's face, smashing their lips together.

so yeah, that was.. something.

lim jaebeom was now making out with choi youngjae and it was only 9:30 in the morning. he was shoved against the shelves by the younger, feeling his hands wrap around his waist and then snake down to his ass, giving it a quick squeeze. jaebeom moaned softly and moved his hands to the back of youngjae's head, running his hands through his hair.

"oh." mark said softly, seeing the two after turning into the aisle. he just wanted to talk with jaebeom about this, he didn't expect to see him making out with one of his best friends.

"youngjae," jaebeom moaned into his mouth, his eyes squeezed shut with pleasure. youngjae was a good kisser, but not as good as mark. forget him.

jackson came up from behind mark and winced a bit.

"let's go," jackson said softly, wrapping an arm around mark's shoulders and taking him away from the very unexpected scene. mark clenched his fists and stared hard at the floor, shaking his head in disbelief.

"forget it!" mark said, pushing away from jackson. "i'm fine, i'm fine, i don't care!" he said angrily, and jackson shook his head.

"mark, come here, it's gonna be okay!" jackson said worriedly, trying to grab him again. mark hit his hand away and shook his head again.

"i'm not angry or sad, just leave me alone! i don't care, i.. i n-never cared." he yelled, and then dashed down the aisle. jackson shook his head as well, and chased him down.

"mark, stop! i know you better than anyone, the last time i left you alone after you said you were fine you didn't eat for five days! get over here!" jackson yelled, tackling him to the floor.

"jack, let go of me!" mark seethed, trying to wriggle out from underneath jackson.

"mark, don't make me kiss you like last week." jackson glared. mark glared back, and sighed.

"get off of me then." he said, and jackson did as so, but still held mark back.

"you actually liked him, right?" jackson grinned.

"shut up." mark muttered, his cheeks turning pink as he averted his gaze.

"awww!" jackson shrieked, jumping around.

"it doesn't matter even if i did!" mark yelled. "he was making out with youngjae."

"youngjae doesn't even like him," jackson scoffed. "he doesn't love anyone." he grinned. mark rolled his eyes and clenched his fists.

"whatever. i don't wanna talk about it anymore. let's go get some cupcakes from wonpil."

"yes!" he agreed happily, skipping down the aisles while dragging mark with him.

--

kunpimook bhuwakul rolled his eyes for the millionth time today.

"oh my god, mina just texted me back! she said we should get together on friday. oh my god, that's tomorrow! dude, i'm literally going on a date with the prettiest person ever!" yugyeom exclaimed, nearly jumping around in happiness. his fingers tapped away at the screen, quickly replying to his crush.

"dude, shut up!" bambam said angrily. "i don't care!"

"geez, what's your problem?" yugyeom furrowed his brows, confused as to why his friend would act like this.

"i don't wanna hear about mina."

"well no shit." yugyeom deadpanned. "why? you don't care about my love life?"

"to be honest, i can't say what i'm thinking because if i did, everything would be ruined." bambam said, looking away. he didn't care about yugyeom's love life unless he was in it.

"what? why?"

"ugh, you're so stupid!" bambam yelled, turning away. "oh my god, you're the dumbest person ever! just don't talk to me!" bambam yelled again, running down the aisles and into the staff restrooms. he locked the door and slid down it, burying his face into his knees and crying.

he was such a drama queen sometimes, but he couldn't help but be angry. just a few weeks ago their lips were measly centimeters apart, and now yugyeom's talking about dating the 'prettiest person on the planet.'

he was so angry. mostly at himself, for thinking that that meant something, or that maybe him and yugyeom had something going on that was more than best friends for eight years straight. it's whatever. fucking whatever. boys are stupid and a waste of time.

everythings just so dumb dumb dumb and yugyeom is a jerk, everything is stupid stupid stupid and love is for losers and everything was just going downhill because bambam falls in love with his stupid, dumb, idiot, waste of time best friend who will never think of him as anything more than a best friend.

bambam started crying more, trying to silence his soft whines of sadness. he just felt so stupid. he was so foolish and naive and clueless.

this is why he'd never had a real boyfriend before. no one likes a stupid cry baby who cries when he hits his head on the wall, or someone who still cries to his mom in the middle of the night, sleeping with her in her bed because of nightmares. no one likes dumb babies who are clumsy or whiny or just babies in general.

people only like bambam when he's on his knees or bent over the table. they only like him when he's screaming their name or riding their face. that's all he's good for.

"bambam, what are you talking about? we love you, you're a cute baby!" jinyoung said through the door, unlocking it with the spare keys.

what?!

"i-i said that out loud?!" bambam sniffled, knowing jinyoung would always win. he let him inside and immediately sobbed into his shoulder.

"shh, it's okay." jinyoung whispered, holding him tight and rubbing his back. "want me to kill yugyeom?"

"yes," bambam cried. jinyoung laughed softly and hugged him tighter.

"it's gonna be okay, shh."

bambam hoped it would.