❧ twenty three

kunpimook bhuwakul blushed immensely. yugyeom offered to walk him and jaebeom out to the car and for some reason, it really got to bambam. he knew it wasn't really a big deal, but of course, his brain made it seem that way because of love.

love is very decieving. it's mind controlling. bambam wished he never had to expierence it, the weight of love was unbearing. it only works out if you've found the correct person for this, because if not, it all just goes to hell. bambam never finds the right people and it hurts, knowing that he probably will never find the right person.

bambam shook his head free of thoughts, floating back down to earth and exhaling deeply when he feels his feet back in position, ready to concentrate on real life. no more fantasies, no more head in the clouds. bambam was always caught up in his wild dreams and it always backfired. he needed to learn to get a grip on reality and realize that nothing he wanted would become true.

"bambam, watch out!" yugyeom shrieked, pulling him into his chest before he could be hit by the oncoming car. bambam's face was sandwiched between yugyeom's warm, broad chest and his strong arms. oh god. bambam's cheeks dusted over with a dark red instantly.

"oh my god, are you okay?!" jaebeom said with a panicked tone, looking at the boy who stood there, his body stiff.

"bambam?" yugyeom said, his voice soft but filled with worry. "i was calling your name to try and stop you, but you kept walking... are you okay?"

"yes." bambam mumbled, pushing his face into yugyeom's chest more than it already was. he couldn't really breathe but bambam didn't mind.

jaebeom and yugyeom looked at each other with worried expressions. it didn't sound so believable, and jaebeom probably knew why.

"let's walk to the pizza parlor," bambam suggested, pushing away from yugyeom so that his heart rate would go back to normal. yugyeom smiled that stupidly handsome and perfect smile of his. bambam wanted to punch him so hard he was ugly.

"okay, but please be careful." jaebeom smiled, yugyeom humming in agreement. they walked down the street, a silence around them. it wasn't awkward but it wasn't comfortable, each of them were just thinking.

they reached a busy intersection, waiting for their turn to cross the street. it seemed to be taking forever to bambam, he just wanted to cross the street, get pizza, go over to jaebeom's, and cry for an hour or two.

he stared immensely at the traffic light, watching as it went from 'don't walk,' to the little man walking. he stepped out into the street, not hearing the shrieks of his two friends or the loud honking of a red pickup truck.

maybe it was his mind playing tricks or the driver couldn't see that it was bambam's turn, but either way, nothing good happened. bambam turned to the car too late, his body frozen in shock until the next thing he remembered was darkness.

--

bambam u dumbass always look both ways before crossing the street thats basic knowledge???