❧ twenty

lim jaebeom was very annoyed at the moment. tons of customers were asking him the stupidest questions, and it was making him angrier than he already was.

he crawled behind the toilet paper stacks, his body hiding perfectly from customers, and laid across the rolls that had fallen over, sighing in relief.

that was until there was a little 'oh,' said right next to him. jaebeom yelped loudly and jumped up, hitting his head on the top of the shelf.

"ouch!" jaebeom winced, holding the top of his head. he squinted to see who said it. oh, great.

"i'm sorry, are you okay?" mark said, looking at him with worry. "i thought i was the only one who came back here.." he chuckled awkwardly, gnawing on his lips.

"no." jaebeom said, rubbing the top of his head with a wince.

there was a long, awkward pause.

"hey-" they both said at the same time, looking at each other and giggling a bit. there was another pause, and then they tried it again.

"you can- no you-" they said again, perfectly in synchronization.

"you can go first," jaebeom smiled, and mark nodded his head.

"i've been wanting to talk to you for a while." mark said softly, inching closer. jaebeom didn't budge, not like he could anyway. his body was frozen.

"y-yeah?" jaebeom breathed out.

"it's just.. okay, just listen to me fully before saying anything, please." mark said, looking jaebeom in the eye.

"o-okay." jaebeom nodded.

"what yugyeom and bambam told you was true," he started out. jaebeom's heart broke even more and he looked away, feeling tears spring to his eyes in an instant.

"i-i think i have to go-" jaebeom whispered, starting to move away. mark grabbed his wrist and looked at him.

"wait, jaebeom, please just listen to me. i'm not done yet," he pleaded, and jaebeom could see it in his eyes. he nodded his head once more, settling back down and trying to blink his tears away.

"at first, i thought you'd just be fun to play around with, i thought you felt the same because that's how youngjae portrayed it.

"but every time we'd talk, i'd feel myself getting happy to see you, and i'd want to be with you more. every time my teeth were in your neck, i was so close to marking you up so that everyone knew that you were mine only.

"i couldn't get you out of my head, i still can't. you were just so cute and sweet, i couldn't get enough of how adorable you looked underneath me."

"m-mark," jaebeom mumbled, his face brighter than a tomato.

"i'm not done yet," mark said. "and lately i'd been thinking.. maybe i could try it out with you, to have an actual relationship with you..i don't know, jaebeom, i just really like you and it's kind of scary because it's only ever happened twice before, and it was horrible.. but i thought maybe i could put myself out there again.

"i was gonna tell you about it the day yugyeom and bambam said what they did, but then, you know, i couldn't." he sighed, finally finished.

suddenly, jaebeom felt like singing and screaming and dancing around in happiness. was this real? it felt like a dream. but jaebeom didn't care, he smiled so sweetly at mark that the older couldn't help but smile back with the same ammount of happiness.

jaebeom grabbed either side of mark's face and brought their lips together at last. it wasn't too magical, considering they were behind the toiler paper in walmart, but it still held a lot of emotion.

mark brought jaebeom closer, pulling him into his lap and wrapping his arms around his waist.

the two pulled away after a few more seconds, looking at each other with smiles.

"so, jaebeom.. what do you say? do you think we could try this out?"

"yes, i'd love to." jaebeom smiled, hugging him tightly. mark hugged him back, pressing a kiss to his cheek.

"dude, are the toilet paper rolls talking?" youngjae said, walking down the aisle with jinyoung.

"i fucking told you guys that this place is haunted." jinyoung said, kicking a package of the rolls and hitting mark and jaebeom.

"hey!" jaebeom glared.

"SHIT, THERE'S REALLY GHOSTS!" youngjae shrieked, dashing down the aisle with jinyoung following right behind him, just as scared.

--

short chapter today😿

btw follow me on instagram if u wanna be mutuals! i'm @ mfkidmilli