chapter 24

*Nicole's POV*

I walked in the door to Cassidy's house. I missed it here so much. This was always my second home. I walked to the kitchen to see if her mom or dad were home. Sure enough her mom was in there on her iPad.

"LIZ!!" I exclaimed. She jumped a bit but then a big smile grew upon her face.

"Hey, Nicole! You scared me!" she laughed and got up from her seat and gave me a warm hug.

"Oops, I was just to happy to see you! I missed you! Oh and my mom told me to tell you that you and Ted are invited over for lunch tomorrow when Cass comes over, too."

"Well we'd be glad to come" a voice entered the room. It was Cassidy's dad, Ted.

"Hi Ted!" I said and gave him a hug too.

"Hey Nicole! Hows college been?"

"Great! I have recorded some covers of songs. I have some songs written and recorded too!"

"Well I'm glad that you like college. We sure miss you down here. We're all alone now that Cass is gone, too. It's so quiet at home now that we don't have a bunch of teenage girls running around the house" Liz chuckled.

"I missed Omaha. It's weird not being here all the time." I said. "But I do love it in Duluth-" I was cut off by someone pulling me in for a hug.

"NICOLE!!" it was Cass.

"CASS!!" I yelled hugging her back. Wow I missed my best friend.

"I missed you, lots." she mumbled into my hair.

"I miss you too."

She pulled away. "So Julia will be here soon, but OH MY GOD HOW IS MINNESOTA?!"

"Great! The weird thing about Minnesota is that it's even colder than here. Just a few days it was negative 40 with windchill or whatever. But holy cow, how is Colorado?" Cassidy is going to a school in Denver for interior design.

"It's awesome. My roommate is a bit of a bitch but she can have her nice days" we both laughed.

"Ok lets go upstairs, I have lots to tell you!" we both said in unison.

"Sometimes I think you two are almost too much of best friends" Ted said.

"Dad that doesn't even make sense." Cassidy laughed.

"Neither does the invention of thousands of different iPhones but we still use those in every day life." he shrugged.

Cassidy and I both burst out laughing. "Oh Ted. Your humor still lingers in your sole." I patted his shoulder.

"Ok we're leaving before you two become best friends" Cass pulled me upstairs. As we entered her room I plopped down on the bed. So many memories filled this room.

"Where the hell is Julia. I miss that Aussie." I said.

"She's not even Australian." Cass said.

"I know" I shrugged. We both laughed.

"I'M HERE BITCHES!" she yelled as she entered the room.

"JULIA!" I yelled and gave her a huge hug. I even managed to lift her up but it didn't last long because I'm a weak bitch.

"HEY COCO!!"

"Step aside Harding, it's my turn to hug her" Cassidy playfully pushed me. The two hugged each other then we made set up our stuff to get ready. Cassidy's closet door is mirrors and there's an outlet on either side of it. We usually get ready there because her bathroom isn't big enough.