chapter 16

*Nicole's POV*

We got to the hotel and separated into our rooms. I would be sharing with Emily and Annie. Sam and Ben will be in the next room and then in the last room is Ben and Lori. Emily and Annie were nice enough to share their bed so that I could have my own.

Lori told us to dress nice, but not too fancy. Since I had showered early I didn't have to worry about that. I changed into high wasted flowy red shorts that had white little birds on them, with a white scoop neck tee shirt that I tied just about the top of my shorts. I also put on a jean jacket, then put on tan leather booties that had a cut out on my heel and a small heel. I straightened my hair and put on my regular makeup, adding some red lipstick to match my shorts.

Once I was ready, I sat down on my bed, waiting for Annie and Emily to be ready, since they didn't shower this morning. As I was waiting and just sitting on my phone, there was a knock on the door. I got up and opened the door and Sam was standing there.

"Hey babe" i said.

"Hey, I was just telling you that after lunch me and you are going on an adventure" he smiled. "So I recommend bringing extra not-as-nice clothes to change into"

I nodded and then he said goodbye because he was still in his clothes from earlier; pajamas. I grabbed my oversized purse and stuffed my shirt from earlier, jean shorts, and converse. I literally had no idea what Sam is thinking about and I really want to know.

Emily walked in to the room. "What are you packing for?? Or whatever you're doing..?"

"Well after lunch apparently me and Sam are going on an 'adventure', as he puts it" I put air quotes around adventure.

"You two are literally so adorable! I call being the god mother of your first kid" she raised her hand. I just laughed, then she got serious. "I'm being completely honest with you, you are the first girl Sam has ever really, truly liked. Everyone knows that before you, he was a total player. But when you came along, he just left that all behind. He wanted to make you his, and he knew that wouldn't happen unless he changed for the better. I remember one day he had called me and asked for advice about you. He told me that he started taking an interest in this girl that he's never actually talked to. He said he wanted to get to know you. So I told him to start talking to you at school and maybe ask you if you could go grab some coffee. And look where you both are now!" I smiled at her words.

"She's right" Annie said walking in. "You actually have Sam whipped. He is a whole new boy now, in a good way of course. He is home more, instead of at parties and stuff and he always comes to us two for ideas for dates for you guys if he doesn't have one. Like he enjoys sitting at home with you and doing nothing, but he also likes taking you places and making you feel special. And you should feel special. You, Nicole Harding, have Sam Wilkinson, the ex-player, in the palm of your hand."

I smiled once again. "It's nice to know that I made him a better person. And it's not just with family, he also makes more effort to hang out with his friends more, besides just me. He also gets his homework done, although I end up helping him with it."

"You are the best thing that's ever happened to him, Nicole. If he ever loses you, I will be very mad at him. Not you. Him." Annie said. We all laughed.

---

We just got to the restaurant. We walked in and Sam kept his arm wrapped around my waist.

"Terry! Scott!" Lori exclaimed as we took a seat at a table with two other adults. "It's nice to see you guys again! This is Sam's girlfriend, Nicole. Nicole, this is my sister Terry and her husband Scott"

"Hi, it's nice to meet you." I shook their hands.

"It's nice to meet you, too honey. It's also nice to see my Sammy has a beautiful girlfriend" Terry said with a smile, while I blushed like crazy.