chapter 37

*Nicole's POV*

Tonight was the last night of our vacation in California. Our flight is at 9:30 AM tomorrow. Right now, I'm getting ready for dinner. Sam and I are going to a super fancy restaurant, and by fancy, I mean fancy. Like suit and dress, fancy.

I was wearing a navy blue dress that went to the middle of my thighs. It was tight at the top, then from mid waste and down, was slightly puffy, but not super puffy. The top couple inches of the dress was a see through mesh type, and there were sparkles all over it. It was truly beautiful. I had picked it out yesterday when Sam and I had gone shopping for something to wear for tonight. For my shoes, I was wearing strappy silver heels. Of course, I had my necklace and ring on, and I had curled my long hair tightly, and created a half pony tail (Ariana Grande hair style). I had my regular mascara, eyeliner, foundation, and blush on, but I also had applied some red lipstick and silver eye shadow to match the sparkles on my dress.

When I was done, I stepped out of the bathroom and Sam wasn't in there. I walked in to the living room, and sure enough, there he was.

*Sam's POV*

I watched as Nicole walked into the living room. She looked breathtaking, truly a goddess. I caught myself for the 7 billionth time just this week thinking how I became lucky enough to have her.

"You look gorgeous, Nicole" I smiled and gave her a kiss.

"Thanks, you look pretty gorgeous yourself." she booped my nose and I laughed. "So should we go?" she asked.

"Actually we don't have to leave for 10 minutes." I told her.

"Great, this is the perfect time. Come here," she took my hand and pulled me to the piano that was in our suite. We both sat down at the bench. "Sam, I wrote you another song," she smiled, which caused me to do the same.

"Well go ahead, work your magic baby." I kissed her forehead and she began stroking the keys.

((A/N: so the song (hey stephen by Taylor Swift) is a guitar song but I'm feeling frisky rn so we're gonna do it with a piano))

"Hey Stephen,
I know looks can be deceiving
But I know I saw a light in you..." she sang, glancing at me every once in a while.

"...Myself,
Can't help myself,
I can't help myself" she finished the song and looked up at me with a big smile.

"Nicole, that was amazing!" I smiled and gave her a long, sweet kiss.

After we pulled away, she smiled. "I'm glad you like it. I like it, too." she looked at the piano, her smile not leaving even for a second.

"I love you, Nicole."

"I love you, Sam."

***

"Mmm, that was sooo good!" Nicole cooed as she put her spoon down after we had finished dinner and desert.

"It was." I smiled, leaning back in my chair.

"This has easily been the best trip ever, Sam. It was nice to just get away from everything back in Omaha and just focus on us two, and no one else."

"I'm about to make it even better," I smiled. She raised her eyebrow. Now is what I've been waiting to do for since I can remember. I got down on my knee and I watched as she quickly covered her mouth in shock as I pulled a small box out of my back pocket.

"Nicole Bethany Harding, I love you and I know that we've only been dating for a bit over a year, and that we're young. But I love you more than words can describe, and I know for a fact that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to have kids, then grand kids, then great grand kids. I want to grow old with you and be able to celebrate our 50th anniversary, then 60th, then however long we can make it, I don't know. I love you so much. Will you marry me?" as I spoke the words I've been preparing in my head since I first made this decision last week back in Omaha.

Her smile grew bigger and bigger when she said, "Of course. Of course I'll marry you, Sam. God, I love you." she then stood up, pulling me with her and kissed me.

----------------------

OOOOHHH WHATTTT

GUYS THIS ISN'T THE LAST CHAPTER. THERE WILL BE ONE MORE, THEN AN EPILOGUE PROBS.

i'm sad that this story is coming to an end bc honestly i love it more than anything aw aw aw

oh and btw i think i'll be posting my first chapter for my Luke Hemmings fanfic tomorrow sooooo ;)