chapter 13

*Nicole's POV*

Tonight is prom. The night I've been waiting for for what seems like forever.

We had gotten my hair professionally done, so it could be absolutely perfect. My long blonde hair is in tight curls and some front pieces of hair are in tight braids (one braid on either side of my head) and pinned to the back of my head, stacking each other. I have silver eye shadow on, my eyeliner is winged, and I have bright pink lipstick on. Now for my dress. My dress is sky blue, it's flowy and goes down to the floor. It has a sweetheart neckline and has silver detailing on the top. I have silver strappy heals on. Westside has a tradition where the girls wear garters on their thigh, and it usually is picked out by the boy and doesn't match your dress. Sam picked one that is light pink, and the ribbon is pink and black leopard.

I heard the doorbell ring, and my dad yell he'll get it. I stand in my mirror, examining myself. For once, I actually felt beautiful. I took a deep breath and exited my room, with Darla holding my hand. I stood at the balcony, and saw my mom and dad talking to Sam. Sam saw me and smiled. We walked down the stairs, and Darla demanded that she hold the back of my dress up. Once we were finally downstairs, Sam walked over to me.

"You look absolutely beautiful, truly a princess." he said, pecking my lips.

"Thank you Sammy. You look adorable too" he had a black suit and a blue tie and vest that matched my dress perfectly. Next, I pinned the flower thingy to his suit and he put the corsage on my wrist, whilst my mom took pictures. After that, we went outside to my backyard and stood by the little pond we had that was behind our pool. We took pictures, then I took pictures with my parents, and Sam and I had taken a picture with Darla. Once we were done, we left to go to Macks, where we were having group pictures.

We took a bunch of group ones, then I took some with the girls, and Sam took some with his friends, and what not. After a while we all left and drove to the school for the grand march. Every couple would be called and you walk around the gym, in front of all the parents and stuff, and smile so they could take pictures of the couples.

---

Sam and I stood in line, waiting for Mrs. Johnston to call our names.

"Nicole Harding, escorted by Sam Wilkinson" she spoke and Sam and I began walking as the crowd started cheering. We got our pictures taken and then when we were done we had gone and sat in the lunch room with the other couples who had already been called.

As we waited till all the couples were done, I took this time to post a picture of me and Sam to Instagram. I couldn't decide on just one, so I put a bunch of the pictures in a collage.

---

@Nicoleharding: my prom date is better than yours even tho he's a poopy face at times

---

Sam had also posted one. The picture was when we were at the pond and we both had our backs to the camera and we were bent over, sticking out our butts and doing duck faces.

---

@Sammywilk: this is the real Sicole! ((A/N: yes sicole is their ship name i couldn't think of anything else ok)) no picture describes us better than this one

---

Once all the couples were called, the families had left and it was now time to eat then dance. Sam and I sat down at our table with the girls, Luke, Mason, Gilinsky, and Johnson. Obviously all the couples went together, and Gilinsky went with some girl that he actually hates but he had no one to ask so he asked her, Lexi. She wasn't even gonna sit with us though, she was sitting with her other friends who are total bitches.

"Grand march was so fucking awkward with Lexi. I literally hate her" Gilinsky groaned. "I refuse to dance with her."

"Why did you ask her out in the first place anyway?" Cassidy asked.

"I had no one else to go with and I didn't want to spend the whole night at home"

"This is why you need a girlfriend." Mason said.

After dinner it was time for the dance.

"Can I have this dance?" Sam asked, holding his hand out for me to take.

"Why of course you can" I said in a posh accent. We made our way to the dance floor as the song 'Once In A Lifetime' by Landon Austin began. ((A/N: y'all should listen to it bc it fits their relationship really well)) I wrapped my arms around his neck as he rested his hands on my waist.

"This can be our song" he whispered, giving me chills.

"Ok" I smiled.

---

The rest of the night was really fun. After the dance everyone changed into comfier clothes and then we played games and had contests till 6 am, then they let everyone go home. Sam had invited me to just come sleep at his house.

---

I woke up later on. I tried sitting up, but a weight kept me down. Sam's arm. I gently peeled it off me and went downstairs and saw his sister Emily and a brunette I haven't met. It must be Annie.

"Oh hey, Nicole!" Emily smiled as I walked in to the kitchen.

"Morning" I yawned.

"Annie, this is Nicole, Sammy's girlfriend" Emily said.

"Hi! It's nice to finally meet you! Whenever I talk to Sam, you're all he ever talks about" Annie pulled me in for a hug.

I blushed at her words. "I hope it's all good stuff"

"Of course! It's all about how you sing to him when you guys are hanging out at your house and when you scream out songs in the car and how you have to help him with his homework and what not" she said.

"Oh and you can't forget about how ADORABLE you look in his Westside sweatshirts and his snapbacks" Emily added.

I blushed once again, then smirked. "Do you guys happen to have any old embarrassing pictures of Sam?"

They both looked at each other with mischievous smiles.

-----

Annie and Emily had shown me a big box filled with old pictures of Sam, and I had taken a picture of them on my phone so I could use them to embarrass Sam.

Sam was still asleep. I posted a picture of Sam with Gilinsky and Johnson from when they were like 11. They all had backwards baseball caps and were sticking up peace signs and had dead straight faces.

---

@Nicoleharding: peace out guys!!!!!!! stay awesome and keep it 3 hunna!!!!!!!!!!

---

All the fans were freaking about the picture of the three and I can easily say that the boys reactions weren't the prettiest sight, but hey it was totally worth it.