chapter 12

*Nicole's POV*

I drove home from a long day at school. I stopped at the mailbox and then drove in the garage. Once I was inside I looked at what had come and stopped at the letter I've been waiting for. It read;

-----

University of Minnesota Duluth

                                              Ms. Nicole Harding

-----

My heart started raising as I read the addressing. I tore it open and took a deep breath, then began reading.

-----

                                        Dear Nicole,

Congratulations! You've been accepted to UMD! We can't wait for you to be a Bulldog in the fall!

-----

The rest of the letter was just info about living on campus, open houses, stuff like that.

I couldn't believe I'm accepted! This has been my dream college since I had an idea what college was! I quickly texted my parents and friends, till it came to the time I had to tell him. My fingers shook as I dialed his number. The only bad thing about all this was having to leave him.

"Hello?" he said.

"Hey Sam. I have news"

"Yeah?"

"I got accepted to UMD" I said. I sounded kinda unexcited; how could I not? I had to be happy, but I was gonna miss him too much.

"Babe that's great! I'm so proud of you!"

"Sam... We're gonna be across the country from each other. How are you not said about all this?" I asked.

I could hear him sigh. "I am, Nicole. But I don't want to ruin this and be sad, when I could be happy that you made it into the college of your dreams"

"You're right. And you made it into yours."

----

OMG GUYS THIS IS REALLY SHORT OMG BUT I JUST WANTED THIS CHAPTER TO BE ABOUT HER GETTING ACCEPTED OMG OK