chapter 36

*Nicole's POV*

After the beach we had gone back to the room to get ready for dinner. Sam was nice enough to let me have the shower first. So after my shower, I put on a hot pink high wasted skirt with a black bralette that was super strappy in the back, and my black pumps. I curled my hair and put on my normal makeup. When I was done, I let Sam use the bathroom and I went into the living room to watch TV.

Soon Sam had came out and we left. We had gotten a rental car so that we wouldn't have to pay for cabs or walk everywhere. After a short ride, we arrived to the restaurant. We walked in and Sam told the person at the front desk that we had reservations. She took us to the table then left us. We were sitting on the patio, there was only a few other people outside. It was beautiful, we were right in front of the ocean.

"This is already the best trip I've ever been on," I smiled, taking in the view.

"Same. I'm so happy I could come here with you," he took my hand in his and kissed it softly.

We ordered our food soon after. "I know I've said this before, but I wish that times like this lasted forever. I wish that you and I could always get to spend time like this. But stupid college and different states get in the way of it. I wish it was as easy as this," I said.

"Me too. If I were to see a shooting star right now, I would wish for it to be just you and I. No interruptions, no nothing. Everyone just left us alone. That's all I want,"

I nodded. "If only it was like that,"

"Yeah... If only," he sighed. "You know, Nicole... Life is too short to have regrets. We make mistakes and we can't waste out time being sorry for those mistakes. We have to think of those mistakes as our best mistakes, you know?"

"I totally agree. Life is full of good and bad things, and I like the idea of us two together, being a good thing,"

"I love you, Nicole,"

"I love you, Sam,"

***

I heard quiet, gentle snores come from Sam. I smiled, he was so adorable when he sleeps. I grabbed my phone and took a picture of him on snapchat, then posted it to my story saying 'rise and shine sammy'. After that I got out of bed, gently peeling his arm off me.

I walked to the living room, my notebook in my hand. I sat down and began thinking of song lyrics. After a while, I had finally came up with the whole song. I had been working on bits and pieces of this song for a while, and I'm finally done.

((A/N: Hey Stephen by Taylor Swift btw))

Hey Stephen,

I know looks can be deceiving

But I know I saw a light in you.

And as we walked

We were talking

I didn't say half the things I wanted to.

Of all the girls tossing rocks at your window

I'll be the one waiting there even when it's cold.

Hey Stephen,

Boy, you might have me believing

I don't always have to be alone.

'Cause I can't help it if you look like an angel,

Can't help it if I wanna kiss you in the rain.

So come feel this magic I've been feeling since I met you.

Can't help it if there's no one else.

Mmm, I can't help myself.

Hey Stephen,

I've been holding back this feeling.

So I've got some things to say to you, ha.

I seen it all

So I thought

But I never seen nobody shine the way you do.

The way you walk, way you talk, way you say my name

It's beautiful, wonderful, don't you ever change.

Hey Stephen,

Why are people always leaving?

I think you and I should stay the same.

'Cause I can't help it if you look like an angel,

Can't help it if I wanna kiss you in the rain.

So come feel this magic I've been feeling since I met you.

Can't help it if there's no one else.

Mmm, I can't help myself.

They're dimming the street lights.

You're perfect for me, why aren't you here tonight?

I'm waiting alone now, so come on and come out and pull me near to shine, shine, shine.

Hey Stephen,

I could give you fifty reasons

Why I should be the one you choose.

All those other girls

Well, they're beautiful

But would they write a song for you?

I can't help it if you look like an angel,

Can't help it if I wanna kiss you in the rain.

So come feel this magic I've been feeling since I met you.

Can't help it if there's no one else.

Mmm, I can't help myself...

...if you look like an angel.

Can't help it if I wanna kiss you in the rain.

So come feel this magic I've been feeling since I met you.

Can't help it if there's no one else.

Mmm, I can't help myself.

Myself,

Can't help myself,

I can't help myself. 

------------------

guys idk if you like taylor swift or not but she is my queen so idrc cause i love her more than i love myself oops bye