Chapter 26 ● Come Together

Alex's POV

I agree to meet her at the bar.

This is all I've been waiting for these past four months.

I moved to Brooklyn after the murder, fearing that everyone around me would get killed off. I haven't spoken to anyone in four months, thinking that anyone I do speak to will die.

I arrive and the only person there is Nick. I nod at him, ask if Joel is there, he says no.

I hear Violet come in and I turn around as soon as possible.

"Two Jameson's straight up," she tells Nick. She motions for me to move to a booth instead of the bar and I comply.

We stay sat there staring at each other until Nick brings over our drinks. I can feel his eyes on us.

"Are you dating him or something?" I finally speak.

"Why?" Her sweet voice which I have been craving asks back.

"Ignore me," I try to apologize.

"Oh," she begins. "I've tried, but it's been too long," she says before taking a sip.

"Why now?" I ask.

"I just can't stop thinking about you Alex," she spoke. 

Neither of us knew who would reach over for the other's hand first.

We spoke about what's been going on in our lives for the past couple of months, a gloomy look still on her face, but I couldn't help but smile at the sight. Once I finally reach for her hand she speaks.

"This was a bad idea-"

"You wouldn't be here if it was," I reassure her and she nods.

"I'll be right back," I say and get up.

"Alex, I've missed you," she says as she looks up at me.

"I've missed you too," I say putting my index finger under her chin.

I make my way to the toilet and hang there until I recompose myself.

When I make my way back to the empty bar I find Violet being held by Nick at gunpoint.